Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a 2004 F350 6.0 4x4 automatic, and when I first crank it up and drive off, it feels normal, I can floor it taking off, and it has good power, but then in just a few seconds, maybe 6 or 8, you can all of a sudden feel the power go away, just like it loses 50 horsepower or something. I had a BullyDog programmer on it, but the trans was banging/jerking very harshly at the 3-4 shift, so I returned it to stock, and removed the programmer for the time being, but just in the past day or so, Ive noticed this lack of power. At first I noticed it on the interstate, when i'd go into passing gear to go around someone or up a hill, it felt as if I were towing another truck behind it, NO POWER, but it was just today I realized it had full power at the beginning and then it just goes away. Anybody have any ideas on whats happening? Like I say, the programmer is OFF the truck, it is returned to stock, but it does NOT have stock power, it feels WEAK, bad. Another thing worth mentioning, a few days ago, I was having problems with the radio shutting off when I turned the ignition switch off, which it is supposed to stay on until you open the door, but then it would power back up with the key out, and not shut off when I opened the door, and the guage warning lights/written word warnings, such as belts, ABS, low fuel, etc...were glowing very dimly. I learned that the radio timer relay was also controlled by the gauge cluster, and that a set of auxillary lights I had on the truck, were feeding back through the ground where I had them grounded at, and was causing the problem. I had the lights, relay, and switch grounded behind the drivers side headlight, to a factory ground spot that had a green wire with a yellow stripe. I removed the ground from where I had it and went straight to the battery, and the problem went away with the gauges and radio. I wonder if this could have had anything to do with the loss of power I'm experiencing? Maybe it could have fed back into the PCM or something? I dont know, just trying to figure something out. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Subscribe me.

My truck feels like it is doin the same thing. I have innovative's x street downloaded. This this was ####n and a gittn before. feels like i lost a gear or ran out of fuel. I didnt notice the fuel pressure gauge drop unusual. But IDK

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just noticed mine doing the same thing running innovatives xrace tune. Ive been running the tune for almost 7 months now though and never experienced any problems until now. Sometimes it has full power but other times it lacks power and seems like it doesnt want to shift right.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I plugged my sct in last night and checked the DTCs. A P2285 code came up with the description injector control pressure sensor circuit low.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
HPOP?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Mine isn't throwing any codes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did that also. still nothing.