Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I’m working on an early model 04 6.0. It’s got 86,000 miles and has been bulletproofed by a local shop. I bought the truck from an auction knowing it wouldn’t start. So I hooked my scanner up to it and I’ve got 48 volts ficmmpower, ficm sync, and 85% ipr(brand new from sinister, one I pulled out had a broken screen and a bunch of gunk in it), but my icp sensor picks up literally 0lbs I’d pressure when cranking. I’ve fixed several no hot start conditions before but I’ve never seen it not build a single pound before. ICP is also getting .24 volts as it should. I used my ipr pressure tester as well and it does have some leaks from the passenger valve cover somewhere and maybe heard some gurgling coming from the oil filter housing. Is the pump so bad that it won’t work AT ALL??

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
If you have gurgling noise from oil filter housing while checking for icp leaks the hpop is junk.

Do you have sufficient BASE oil pressure?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
+1 for matthewd11's post.

In addition, what 04 do you have? Is the ICP sensor on the passenger valve cover? If so, you need to determine if the dummy plugs and standpipes have been updated.

IMO you would be better off buying sensors and actuators from Ford. Not saying the Sinister IPR is your issue, but I don't think highly of their parts.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If the screen is damaged in the IPR the hpop is bad
Buy from ford , you’ll be happier in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
An HPOP from Ford is not what I would do. I would spend the extra $300 or so and buy the dieselsite Adrenaline pump.

After almost a week and no response, the OP probably is having the shop diagnose and repair it anyway. Sometimes I wonder why post on a forum when it is already at a shop? The last thing a shop wants to hear is a customer coming back and telling them what they were advised on the Internet .............

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
An HPOP from Ford is not what I would do. I would spend the extra $300 or so and buy the dieselsite Adrenaline pump.

After almost a week and no response, the OP probably is having the shop diagnose and repair it anyway. Sometimes I wonder why post on a forum when it is already at a shop? The last thing a shop wants to hear is a customer coming back and telling them what they were advised on the Internet .............

Amen , if you know what’s wrong go ahead and fix it is my attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts