Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Got Whistle?
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy had a headgasket go so they rippedthe head off to find the Number 1 piston had a busted ring and the cylinder is no good. what would cause this. The motor has something like 350,000 kilometers on it...so whateverthat is in miles :D

·
Got Whistle?
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe hes swapping in an 06 motor with 24k kms on it, putting his injectors and such into thise one. hopefully all is well.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I believe hes swapping in an 06 motor with 24k kms on it, putting his injectors and such into thise one. hopefully all is well.

Well at least that way if it is an injector then he can ruin the new engine without even breaking a sweat.....

:hehe:

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
i wouldn't reuse the injectors, it sounds like they could be the culprit of his last engine failure...

·
Beers, Babes, and Bullets
66 Posts
my 05 CTD had a blown engine at 140,000 from excessive blowby caused by injector failure. It was drinking a quart every 20 miles or so..
The almighty CR cummins is kind of hyped up online if you ask me and I own one.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yep we had one at work do the same thing 220,000 miles #6 injector chit the bed and it puddled #6

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
ORRRRRRR.

If it had or has a Smarty on it-- problem could have very well been caused from the insane rediculous amount of Timing MADS Electronics thinks is a good thing in there programming. And even more timing for the 6.7L..... Unreal!! and people LOVEIT cuz its a Smarty by golly! Its all about Fuel mileage and a clean burn to that Marco fella.

Since were all arm chair engineers here guessing at this, thought I would toss that in the mix.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
pull the smarty off and run a banks 6 :gun:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts