Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped in a 6.0 into my 03 the new is a 05. The engine came complete with harness, turbo evan altenator. I swapped the 03 harness on new engine installed in truck. It idled great went to drive it and no power at all. Figured it to be the icp sensor swapped that with the 03 sensor and it ran a little better. So then i swapped the plug for the icp again a little bit better. Put the old icp sensor back on and walla perfect! Now after couple of days i installed the edge truck misses and surges no power at all took edge off runs good until it gets warm and than back to surgeing power the truck runs the same weather icp is plugged in or not. I was told the injectors are completly different from 05 and 03 on another forum and was suggested to come to this site for help!

Here are some numbers I pulled from truck today from snap on solus:
Icp voltage = .26
Icp pressure = 425 kpa- Key on, 4500 kpa-idle

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
You can change all without a problem! I have read where people have only changed 1 or 2 without problems also??? I do know the plastic wire holder changed colors and that the clocking of the injector plug was also changed. I've taken both apart and I can find no difference that would matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any sugestions on what to look for? The truck idles fine, runs ok and than it warms up and it runs like crap. No codes I just dont know where to start looking again!?!

·
Registered
196 Posts
miles on 05 engine? whats your oil temp when its running like crap? fuel pressure? could have a hpo leak. egr cooler still on it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts