Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 03 auto 4x4 it will not start, if i spray either it will run and keep running good till i kill it. hooked up my ae and no codes no misfires and a good contribution test. the only thing i found is it has 180 psi on icp on cranking but good 600 while running. tested my good truck and has over 600 cranking. what controll voltage to the ipr? the voltage is low compared to a good one.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
The PCM controls the IPR. If you only have 180 psi of ICP when cranking that is your problem and it will set a code, your scanner should pick that up. On the early 6.0s they had a problem with the connector that plug in to the ICP sensor, it is behind and below the turbo and on top of the HPOP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks after a day of testing i cane to the conclusion its the ipr and at the end of day it through that code lol thanks

·
Whites Diesel Performance
388 Posts
I was going to say stand pipe or dummy plugs. While cranking always look at you IPR duty cycle. If it maxes to 85% and you still only have 2-300 psi then its a leak in the HPOP system. 85% of the time its the dummy plugs or standpipe.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
03's dont have a dummy plug. Simple stand pipe, that Ive never seen leak, a braided line to rail, and thats it..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts