Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has painted there stock 03 wheels I picked up another set and didn't know if anyone had any pics of what the wheels in black look on there truck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Here is a set I saw on here. But this is plasti-dip, not paint. It holds up pretty good an will peel right off when you're done with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
From what I've read some people have had it on their vehicles for awhile with no problems. And it some do occur, you can just clean em and spray some more plasti-dip over the spot.

I'd give it a try before comitting to paint.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea may do. I've got a white truck with white and chrome so I wana do the other one silver & black

Also what kind of prep work is involved? Scuff and shoot sort of deal?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Painted mine with Plastidip. Seems pretty durable. Leaves no trace if you ever want to remove it. Heres some pics, no real good side shot pics though..

·
Registered
12 Posts
^^ did you also do the grill & what size tire do you have on that truck
No grill was painted professionally when I had some other parts painted. Tires are 35" KM2

·
Registered
173 Posts
Painted mine with Plastidip. Seems pretty durable. Leaves no trace if you ever want to remove it. Heres some pics, no real good side shot pics though..

i plastidip'd my grill and lower bumber cover and it looks good(sorry no pics yet), i thought about doing my lariat wheels also, but thought it might look stupid since my truck is black. Yours looks great! Where did you get your headlights?

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
i plastidip'd my grill and lower bumber cover and it looks good(sorry no pics yet), i thought about doing my lariat wheels also, but thought it might look stupid since my truck is black. Yours looks great! Where did you get your headlights?

thanks
Thanks, the 05 headlights came from ebay seller "auto_lighthouse", were only $105 a set. I'd black out the wheels on your truck would look great i'd think.

·
MADE IN THE USA
324 Posts
what the heck is plastdip. Nev heard of it. id like to give it a whirl on my stockers

·
Registered
173 Posts
It looks pretty good, make sure you use a lot of even coats. do a few coats give it hr and then do it again. i had the chrome and gray grill so i used almost 1 can on the grill it self. Dont do it with the grill on the truck :psn:

good luck!

i might try my wheels next, to bad its freakin snowing already!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've got a spare xl grill so I may try the plastidip stuff and see how it looks
it might not look much different on a xl grille, maybe a little darker

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.