Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 03 that have never had a lick of problem out of it. This spring I put a new oil cooler, egr delete, glow plugs, harnesses and controller. Went out Sunday night, was about 33 outside, cycled glow plugs one and fired right up. Plowed snow for about 2 hours, came home and parked it. Went out today, was about 12 out, cycled the plugs one and it just cranked, no start or try to start. Cycled plugs about 3 times tried again, still fast crank, no start. Cranked it about 3-4 more times, nothing. Plugged in truck. Got my snap on scanner out, checked codes, just an egr flow code and a p2614 cam position sensor. Truck was plugged in about an hour, cranked it, started first time like normal. Did glow plug test, passed. Checked codes again, just egr flow. Put in new cam position sensor, started right up. I just went back out after truck set in cold shop for 5 hours, fired right up. So know what? I'm sure it wasn't the cam sensor, I probably just got that code because I cranked it so much. Also, the ficm shows 48 volts, and the oil pressure cranking is fine? Any ideas are appreciated? Sorry for being so long, just wanted to give as much info as possible.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,847 Posts
I'm guessing you've got the stock tune on the truck since you've got an egr delete and the EGR code?

& yep, i've read about the cam sensor & other codes coming up when excessive cranking with no start happens as well.

what exactly was the oil pressure that you got? 500psi is minimum for computer to fire injectors at all. next time it wont start, that's the value i'd be most interested in. that and the IPR %.

there's probably something i'm missing, so hopefully somebody else will come along & supplement/correct my thoughts! best of luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts