Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I had a thread about this a couple months ago but now cant find it:confused:

Anyway truck has just under 200k w bad head gaskets and EGR.

All charcoal gray(monochromatic) XLT w the black and gray interior

Rusty rear wheel wells.

It was a work truck with its share of dents and scratches

4 new tires on the chrome steel wheels

I originally wanted to buy it for the nose and 2 front doors and part the rest.But the guy took FOREVER to get back to me so i been buying pieces here and there.

Is there any value in the truck? If i buy it I want to be able to make it worth my time parting it out, but I am a 7.3 guy and have NO CLUE what 6.0 parts go for.

So help me out, I need to let the guy know by Wednesday.

mods, feel free to move this if this is not the correct section

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
PM me a price for the injectors, FICM, and all the carbon fiber door panel inserts. If the dash piece is carbon fiber, I'd like that as well.. Anything carbon fiber... LOL

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me get the truck actual back to my house and we will go from there.

i am just trying to get some numbers to make sure I can make some money by parting the truck out

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
id be intersted in the fender emblems, and door emblems shipped to 42211.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Id offer him 5K and you could definitely make your money back selling parts off of it... but you could also fix it and sell it for probably 11 or so after you fix it

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
Id offer him 5K and you could definitely make your money back selling parts off of it... but you could also fix it and sell it for probably 11 or so after you fix it
i found his old thread. if he could make money at 5k then he can definitly make money at what he offered or what they were asking.

brad if you want the link pm me.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5k?LOL It is a 2wd w bad head gaskets and rusty bedLOL

HOLY ####! I just looked it up on NADA and it shows the truck being worth $8500 as a average trade in.

I guess I am buying it and making a killing:postwhore2::postwhore2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Call a scrap yard and see what they'll give ya for it (not to actually crush, just for price). That's where I'd start with the seller...unless he already has a lowball price.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Junk Yard(not scrap yard) offered 1500

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
5k?LOL It is a 2wd w bad head gaskets and rusty bedLOL

HOLY ####! I just looked it up on NADA and it shows the truck being worth $8500 as a average trade in.

I guess I am buying it and making a killing:postwhore2::postwhore2:
you gonna part it or fix it?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hell, I may just trade it in on something If they will give me $8500 LOL

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am picking the truck up wednesday once I get my other truck back together

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont have a lift to safely pull the cab and I really dont think it is worth me paying someone 2300 to do head gaskets on a 5000-6000 truck

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
F that. No one up here wants a 2wd. So while book value may be that, I would have to try and find some sucker to buy it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts