Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say you have an '03 7.3L nothin wild just exhaust and juice with additude with a built auto
has a 6 inch lift
trying to figure out what gearing/tire combo to go with
wont tow hardly anything at all
mostly a daily driver.....nice go down the road vehicle so mileage is main concern(well as much mileage as you can get with lift and tires)
is 3.73's with 36-37" tires gonna be too tall?

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
yea 4.30s with 37's would be good.... i still run 3.73 with my 37's and its kind of a dog

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we will be building this one from the ground up from a roll over (started life as a '03 7.3L Crew SB)
setting in a LB Chassis...and getting an '04 white King Ranch Cab
we have access to stock axles with 4.11's also so maybe that will be the route he opts to go with......but i know he wants to go with a 6 inch DR lift and something that will fill the space nice

should be a nice rig when we get done!
only has 38K miles on it!

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my personal opinion i think he would be better off staying stock and runnin' 305's or something of the nature........but its his toy i guess

what is average fuel economy goin down the highway at 75-80mph with 37's?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
With 38s and 4.56s I've gotten 14-15mpg doing 80-95mph down the interstate in the summer. Worse in the winter.

That was with a chip, intake and exhaust, still had the stock trans back then.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
4.11s will be fine for 37's

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so me and the guy goin to do this build (even thou we are a ways from beginnin') are trying to debate now which lift to go with
so opinions and pictures would be great

trying to decide between

4in lift w/ 35's w/ 3.73s
or
6in lift w/ 37's w/ 4.10's?

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
It all depends on what he wants it for......Right now i have 35's on my truck and it looks nice, but since the wheel wells are so big i wanna throw on 37's to fill em out a bit more. plus Ill have a bit more ground clearance for the trails........Its really up to the owner. IMHO Id go 37's

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
whats the pros and cons of a DR 4in suspension and 4.5in hanger kit?

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
A hanger kit just drops the front leafs by 4.5 "......A 4" lift well lifts the truck 4" however you have 2 options with that.....you can A lift the front and rear 4" to clear 35's and retain the factory slope, or you can B lift the front 4" and the rear 2" to clear 35s and get the leveled off look. I would go with the lift....that way you replace all the brackets to suit the 4" lift you also get all new shocks and i believe it isnt too much more than the hanger kit.....I have 2.5" pro comp hanger kit and Im runnin 315/75/R16 which is just shy of 35 inches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running 37's with 3.73's and it doesn't like to take off. I also have an automatic tranny with OD which doesn't help eith

1 - 15 of 15 Posts