Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be putting injectors in an 03.
mods done: egr delete, air dog fp-100 fuel system and 4'' turbo-back exh.
mods to be done when replacing injectors: headstuds, sct tuner, head gaskets, o-ring heads, check heads and block for flatness.
My question is, what injectors should i go with? i have a stock hpop. i was looking at what elite diesel engineering had to offer, such as the stage 1 and stage 2 injectors.
Truck is a daily driver, and is used to tow quite a bit on the farm. nurse tanks, grain wagons, 24' 20gvw gooseneck, 30' livestock trailer, etc etc.

thanks for suggestions

Matt

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
I am going to be putting injectors in an 03.
mods done: egr delete, air dog fp-100 fuel system and 4'' turbo-back exh.
mods to be done when replacing injectors: headstuds, sct tuner, head gaskets, o-ring heads, check heads and block for flatness.
My question is, what injectors should i go with? i have a stock hpop. i was looking at what elite diesel engineering had to offer, such as the stage 1 and stage 2 injectors.
Truck is a daily driver, and is used to tow quite a bit on the farm. nurse tanks, grain wagons, 24' 20gvw gooseneck, 30' livestock trailer, etc etc.

thanks for suggestions

Matt
no larger than a 155's if your going to be towing with it, going larger will cause higher egt's unless you wana get crazy on turbo setups, then the sky is the limit size wise

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
You're keeping the stock turbo or what? With what you're towing I'd run stock injectors, but that's just me.

UNLESS, you want to spend the money to go with compounds. A set of 155 injectors and a powermax would be good, but you would probalby still need to keep a close eye on EGT's.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're keeping the stock turbo or what? With what you're towing I'd run stock injectors, but that's just me.

UNLESS, you want to spend the money to go with compounds. A set of 155 injectors and a powermax would be good, but you would probalby still need to keep a close eye on EGT's.
yeah im keeping the stock turbo. that might just be the way to go like you are saying, to stick with stock injectors.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If you're keeping the stock turbo i wouldn't bother with larger sticks then...especially seeing as you tow quite a bit.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
yeah im keeping the stock turbo. that might just be the way to go like you are saying, to stick with stock injectors.
Yeah, it'll be the least headaches for you.

An SCT with a custom tow file wouldn't hurt though. I love my aggressive tow from Innovative.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What will 155s and a Powermax dyno with supporting tunes?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yeah, it'll be the least headaches for you.

An SCT with a custom tow file wouldn't hurt though. I love my aggressive tow from Innovative.
I have a tow tune from Innovative, but tell me more about the aggressive tow tune.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I have a tow tune from Innovative, but tell me more about the aggressive tow tune.
Probably the same tune... this one is designed for towing up to the max weight the truck can tow. I love the trans shifting in this tune. Supposedly ~+70 rwhp. Towing my 21' TT camper, probably around 5k lbs, I can actually accelerate at a relatively quick pace up hill. I've had to hit the brakes going uphill before. I love this tune for towing.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Another vote for leaving the stock injectors and turbo in place for your heavy towing.
Eric does excellent tunes. (Innovative Diesel)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts