Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my truck to a greatly trusted shop in my area because I knew I had a injector bad and they tested injectors and it turned out it was only one injector that crapped out and a glow plug went too.. after replacing thoes items the mechanic took for a test run and it has no low end power and won't shift until u let out of throttle. . Hmmm... also before I took truck to shop I cleaned egr and put new gasket and o-rings on it... so after they test ran the thing they pulled egr and the o-rings were burnt and the upper o-ring was completely missing.. turbo was pulled and cleaned vgt was replaced icp replaced map replaced ipr replaced ficm replaced ecm replaced tcm replaced .. even with all of that still the same problem.. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know I'm at my whits end with this thing

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Find a new mechanic, because all he is doing is throwing parts at it on your dime....That's my suggestion.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If i was melting the egr valve o-rings i would be looking at the temperature difference between the oil temp and engine temp. If they are more then 15F apart that means your oil cooler is clogged and in turn there isn't enough coolant going through the egr cooler. That would allow the hot egr gas to get to the valve. Most of us have either a scan gauge 2 or edge insight which allows us to read/clear codes plus monitor temperatures and voltages. This imho is your first step. What is your temp delta between coolant and oil temp? If the egr gases are leaking past the valve o-rings that would cause power issues and if bad can keep it from starting. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts