Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
customer brought in his 2003 f250 6.0. a dealership told him he needed all 8 injectors. so i ran a cylinder cont. test, 5 6 and 7 were not contributing so i replaced those 3, threw it back together and it fired up nicely and ran fine on the test drive. next day started it up cold (46 degrees) and it started fine. let it warm up then went on another test drive, got about a 1/2 mile from the shop and it just died!? wont start now and has been no start for 3 days! ficm has 48.5 volts, it has fuel and new filters, oil included, glow plugs work fine. passes an injector buzz test but shows "injector circuit low" on every cylinder. all the clips were broken on the ficm and were zip tied when i tore into it, so i re zip tied them and it ran so why wont it run now?
im clueless on what to do!

sorry for the novel!

any help is appreciated!

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
Get new injector harness (FICM cables) and probably get FICM repaired

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Well if your geting injector codes and the FICM harness conectors are zip tied because the clip are broken I'd say its time for a new injector harness, you can buy new conectors from Alliant, but thats a lot of wires to change. I would fix that first then see how it runs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
check all the pins to make sure none are bent.should look into a new inj harness.theyre all over ebay.think i have an extra in fact...on a side note mine had the same codes when my ficm went.check ficm voltage while cranking.

·
matt
911 Posts
ive had that happen to me and it was a bad connection on the camshaft sensor

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
ive had that happen to me and it was a bad connection on the camshaft sensor
low injector circuit codes on all injectors caused by a CMP connection????

·
matt
911 Posts
oh no my bad i must of missed that when i was reading

1 - 7 of 7 Posts