Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well "Nation" back at it again after a year almost to the day. Another hpop, 2nd reman aftermarket!! First aftermarket went almost 1 1/2 yrs. 2nd went almost a 1 yr. Motorcraft reman this time Auto Value the 1st time . And another new icp sensor both which were Ford parts. And 8 Bosch injectors. I find myself driving down the road and truck stalls....? a crank no start issues lurks back again. The only thing that has been different is I noticed the gauge cluster is fritzing ocassionally. So other than my fit of rage on this truck, I had it towed and has been sitting in the barn. With frustration over ruling my need to somewhat diagnose this hunk of ? 6.0. I wanted to ask if the gauge cluster fritzing would have any issue with the truck stalling and a crank no start issue emerging. Thanks again for the amount of knowledge on this forum.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
The instrument cluster could be responsible for a crank no-start.

Pull codes with a quality code reader and try to monitor the vreference voltage when cranking.

So will low battery voltage.

I am not a big fan of OEM HPOP's. The only ones I would consider would be the Adrenaline pump and the upgraded one from CNCFab.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks..I will put it in my memory bank for when I talk to the Ford tech in the morning for some Q&A they have the truck.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,162 Posts
Let me qualify an earlier post - I am not a big fan of the 03 and 04 HPOP's. The 05 and up OEM HPOPs are reliable pumps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously without photos at the moment. What is this truck worth? I can't afford these trucks. My diesel knowledge is dangerous to say the least. It's an 03 f 250 crewcab 4x4 xlt. It is bone stock except for the egr delete that was done to it a while back. Just had new hpop (motorcraft)all the gaskets and seals, (motorcraft)from the removal and the replacement of the intake to replace hpop and I believe it's called injection pipe coming from the hpop? New icp and harness, ipr. truck has 189 k on it. It has the typical Ford from southern lower Michigan rust.

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
3500-5500 by me with the same miles and rust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts