Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, and thank you for you help in the passed with your information. here is my problem, will one of them anyway,lol. original owner of a 2003 4x4 6.0, with 85k, SCT livewire with custom tunes, cat back, AFE air filter.
After getting my tranny flushed(!?), the truck starts very ruff cold, blows white exhaust smoke, sound like it's only running on two cylinders till it warms up, I get codes P1000 and P0603. Once warmed up, the truck runs like a champ.:pullover:
Thank for your help
Oh BTW, just had the Y and up pipes replaced, flex joints broken, lol.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Are you down on coolant has the coolant been flushed sounds like an egr cooler going bad, pull and see if it is damp or wet could also be the FICM how old are the batteries does the smoke smell like coolant or fuel or oil there are a lot of could be's:doh:
2 stroker

·
Registered
127 Posts
2 stroker your a wealth of knowledge glade we have you on here

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just trying to keep the wheels turning, lot of guys what more power if i want to get there quicker i just leave sooner i have more time than money but running short on both:eek:
2 stroker

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Your code P0603 is your Keep Alive Memory. Your code P1000 is a incomplete computer restart/relearn. P1000 do not worry about. Your P0603 is either a bad connection to the computer memory, or most likely a drop in voltage ( below 9 volts). I would check battery condition (load test) and all connections.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey I had the exact problem with my 03, I thought it was the injectors sticking. But swapped out the FICM and it solved my problem. I am not saying what yours is, but if you have a buddy that is willing to swap to check and see I would try that. Saved me the time pulling the injectors to find out it didn't fix it. But batteries would be a good start too I did that before the FICM cause mine were bad, May have killed my ficm with low voltage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the slow reply, been on the road. Anyway white smoke smells of fuel, not using any coolent, batterys less than a year old(NAPA batterys) But last weekend checked them at home, 12 volt cold, down to 9 volts starting then back up to 14 volts. disconect and charge each battery to 14 volts, held charge over night at 13 volts. still need to take them in for a load test. Will be checking connectors to day.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If batteries and FICM are both good then I would check injectors. My 03 was doing the same thing had two injectors with spool valves going bad. Not saying you do just saying that if the batteries and the FICM both test good then I would have injectors tested

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to the site and have been reading your threads. I have a babied 05 F-250 4x4 w 53K miles that has just started starting hard. I live in south alabama so temps are not too extreme but this morning at 41 degress the truck would not start. Finally after 10-15 attempts it started. It runs great once it gets a little temp in it. Batteries were replaced in July, I removed the EGR and Cooler, replaced the oil cooler, and changed oil and oil filter with motorcraft parts/oil. Help please!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Ok I checked my FICM and found that I have 47volts with key on but it drops to 27 volts when it starts and maintains 27 volts. So I have been told that if it drops below 46 volts it is bad or need soldering.
Yes it is toast if you mess with it (try to fix) and then need to send it in it's JUNK they will not repair.
The price of a new ficm around $1100 or you can have your rebuilt at BPD Repair Ford FICM Module for $300
or--- FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair
Info here http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6.0L_FICM_Guide.pdf
2 stroker

·
Tonka Toys Rule!
143 Posts
Mustangrehab... Did you get the FICM replaced, serviced,.. And did it fix your cold start and warmup issues? Just like to hear the end of the story.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.