Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its definatly not the tranny new filters no trash found idles smooth and runs great lots of power @ 2000 rpm and higher no smoke no flutter if i park somewhere soft in the yard or pasture it wont even spin the tires in two wheel drive automatic

·
Registered
139 Posts
i'm just drawing for straws here..... maybe torque converter???? Anyone else got any ideas? Any way to test the converter?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Turbo vanes stuck?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
do u have gauges to monitor boost, egt and such, that would be a big help to get this diagnosis moving

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Sounds like the turbo veins are stuck in the open position. Either they are physically stuck (rust/soot) or the VGT actuator is bad, or the wiring is bad. To diagnose, unplug the VGT actuator harness from the turbo and see if it feels the same. When my turbo was stuck, it was a dog until about 2200 rpm then the turbo would spool and it would pull hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is not the torque converter. its holding fine. i can tell buy watching the tac. the motor just lugs down, rpms dont go up. i like the idea of the vanes. i dont have a boost gauge, but i do have pretty good ears, at what rpm does the 6.0 start to get good boost? this is my first ford sorry guys im really a straight six kinda fella. thanks for the info ill try the vgt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts