Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
where is the stock location for a rear window defroster on an EX?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys Im actually in the process of doing this mod and wanted to know what size fuse I should use for the heaters? the other thing I did notice is the molex connector that is being used is only rated for 5 amp max. I would think the heaters would pull more than 5 amps a piece?? maybe I am wrong?

AJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
This writeup is a great help, but I've got a question on the wiring on the molex connectors. I'm essentially trying to figure out which is ground and which is +12(5A? Heat?) for heat coming from/going to the mirror connector.

I THINK from some post that "black" should be ground and "black with white" should be +12(5A? Heat?). I believe that somone posted that Black is ground and Black/white strip is heat... and based in the pic in step 7 showing the mirror side connector with those wire markings, I THINK that pin 5 should be +12, and pin 6 ground. Can anyone confirm this??

The pics in step 8 and 9 are a little confusing to me because one of the molex connectors (step 8) is shown wired with <white green empty(assuming purple will go here) black> and then a pic with a purple ground. Then step 9 pics show "A" "B" and "C" hooked up, but the molex connector is wired with <Black Black Purple White> with a black ground and purple hooked to something else.

Please don't get me wrong, the write up is very helpful... I'm just confused on this one point, and I'm thinking that pics from right and left install are mixed together a little and that wire colors are different right and left based on what wire was available during the install... so I'm just trying to clarify.

Thanks in Advance!

·
7.TREE
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
This writeup is a great help, but I've got a question on the wiring on the molex connectors. I'm essentially trying to figure out which is ground and which is +12(5A? Heat?) for heat coming from/going to the mirror connector.

I THINK from some post that "black" should be ground and "black with white" should be +12(5A? Heat?). I believe that somone posted that Black is ground and Black/white strip is heat... and based in the pic in step 7 showing the mirror side connector with those wire markings, I THINK that pin 5 should be +12, and pin 6 ground. Can anyone confirm this??
Sorry, I've been away from this site a little while. Let me check my notes and get back to the thread.

The pics in step 8 and 9 are a little confusing to me because one of the molex connectors (step 8) is shown wired with <white green empty(assuming purple will go here) black> and then a pic with a purple ground. Then step 9 pics show "A" "B" and "C" hooked up, but the molex connector is wired with <Black Black Purple White> with a black ground and purple hooked to something else.

Please don't get me wrong, the write up is very helpful... I'm just confused on this one point, and I'm thinking that pics from right and left install are mixed together a little and that wire colors are different right and left based on what wire was available during the install... so I'm just trying to clarify.

Thanks in Advance!
You are correct. The picture from step 8 where is shows the WHT/GREEN/ empty /BLK, I used the purple as my ground, as that is what I had on the Passenger side of the truck. I should of went back to the shop and grab some BLK wire to make it uniform.

You'll notice between step 8 & 9 pictures, I have purple and black zipped into the sheet metal for a ground. Both wires serve the same purpose, just different color, I apologize for the confusion.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts