Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this 02 Limited for the wife last week. Had all service records plus new ball joints, tie rods and injectors within the last year. Tires had less than 5 miles on it when I picked it up. It has 191K on it but you could never tell. Runs perfect.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Looks great and you have it right receive records showing proper timely service are what matter with diesels. Congrats. So now whats the first thing you are going to do to it for upgrades.:D:D:DLOL

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First I will put my extra set of 18" Lariat 5 spoke wheels (powder coated black) on with 305/65/18 BFGs along with some W codes for the front and modded B codes for the rear. I hope the new Bilstiens the guy put on it right before I bought it will still work but I'm not too optimistic.

Then, a pair of Alpine 7" screens for the second row passengers and a Xbox 360 in the center console. If the interior was gray, I would swap out the seats with my 05 350 so I wouldn't have to buy two more screens.

As for performance mods, probably just an intake and exhaust plus a tuner. I have to say that my 6.0 definitely has more balls BUT the 7.3 has more low end grunt. Seat of the pants feel below 2K goes to the 7.3. Wife confirmed.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Don''t worry the chip will liven up the 7.3 just fine.

I have just gotten a chance to start running some tunes from [email protected] gearhead. They are some of the best I have had. Had Tony Wildmans in old CCLB. Have to say I will have to tip my hat to Matt on the performance. No need for a boost fooler either as he has figured it out in the programing and not just a code or CEL disable. Only one to have done that as far as I know In the end it can all be a very individual thing and you will have a hard time picking a bad tuner from the ones sponsoring this site.

Figure you just didn't list it but do not forget basic gauges at least egt and tranny.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Get me the Bilstein # and I'll tell you if they will work.

Cary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts