Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2002 F550 7.3, AT, 2WD, all stock, that had a leaking oil cooler when really cold. I moved the truck once after discovering leak & then a few days later went to start it to bring in the shop. It wouldn't turn over at all so we pushed it in. Replaced the seals on the cooler (which were hard & brittle) & looked at the starter. The plastic on the solenoid was getting bad & not making contact to energize cable to motor. Replaced starter & it turns over just fine now. Problem is, now none of the gauges, odometer, WTS glow plug light, or radio work.

The glow plugs & relay work fine & the truck runs & drives fine. All other systems including lights, wipers, HVAC, trans OD switch, etc... work fine. I can't find any fuses that are bad. It's a little puzzling because all we did was engine oil cooler & starter.

AutoEnginuity shows one code for Keep Alive Memory, but we had the batteries disconnected when changing starter so no alarm there. Not sure if I'm looking at GEM or not. About to bring it back in & look under the dash for water leaks or corrosion. Any other suggestions or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts