Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have spent countless hours on this site and am thankful for all of the information and help you guys have provided over the years. Keep up the good work! This forum has such good info I have never needed to ask a question before today!

I have a 2002 crew cab f350 DRW 7.3 with a custom work bed. I live in Africa and use my truck mostly for building projects and recovery for broken trucks in the bush. I spend 90% of my time off road and almost never go over 40 MPH or take it out of 4wd. I am trying to get everything set up so that I can run a single military tire on the back. DRW would not have been my pick but I found it hère and beggars cant be choosers! I Think there are only a few in the whole country. My plan is to lift it first to gain some ground clearance and then order some wheels to fit tires that I can find hère. I am looking at buying an Icon 6" suspension lift (Front and rear springs) and box kit. My question is will this fit ok with DRW. I know the ubolts are different size and am planning on ordering the correct size seperately. The Problem is I have to put them in a container and have them shipped hère so I am looking at 3 months wait and 1000$ in shipping and taxes. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything. I broke the driver front spring yesterday so im already going to have the truck down for a while and cant really afford to make a mistake ordering the wrong thing. I found lots of info on lifts just not super clear about DRW. Anybody have any expérience with this or see something Im missing?

Thanks

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Wow thats cool, don't get to see many other users from other continents here. That kit should work just fine with your dually. As the kit specifies, you will probably want to get a carrier bearing drop kit along with it for the rear driveline.

Too bad you're not in the states, then dually tires would be plentiful haha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I am planning on making a carrier drop. One less thing to ship and pay taxes on. I can get dually tires here they are just expensive and dont last long in the heat and abuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts