Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to swap out my turbo and pedestal, noise and oil leak, I am leaning toward the KC38r drop in with EBPV delete. Do I need to replace the up pipes? Also want to add a cold air intake. Will I need to upgrade the exhaust as well? Last question what is the difference between stages 1,2,and 3 on the turbos? I have seen some labeled and some not, want to make sure I’m looking for correct one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
So I have to swap out my turbo and pedestal, noise and oil leak, I am leaning toward the KC38r drop in with EBPV delete. Do I need to replace the up pipes? Also want to add a cold air intake. Will I need to upgrade the exhaust as well? Last question what is the difference between stages 1,2,and 3 on the turbos? I have seen some labeled and some not, want to make sure I’m looking for correct one. Thanks

Kcturbo is the chit. You’ll love it. Love mine but I rebuilt my turbo and I’m just as happy. Kc has 1 and 2 for our setup. If you plan to live above 30psi all the time, buy the stg2. If you’re stock or have mild upgraded injectors, stick with stg1.

It will leak now or a little later. If in good shape, run with it till it does leak or if you have the cash, replace them with bellowed up Pipes.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Super Moderator
8,067 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
DO the up pipes!!!!
The factory donuts are not good!
I messed around with replacing the factory gaskets a few times before I finally got the up pipes (OBS pipes are $400+, SD pipes are $99, you = lucky)
With that turbo I would consider bellowed up pipes a MUST HAVE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts