Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure this f 'n humming noise out for a while now. It happens when traveling 50 and 70 mph. I swapped out hub bearings twice (timken) then I tried going on 4x4 I have have manual locking hubs. It made noise wile in 4x4 clunking and squeaks. So found my hub locks were bad so I swapped out last night (warn) locks. And tried out this morning and its stil f'n their. I need help thanks

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
The year and model of the truck will help.

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
Have you Checked the universals?
50-75 is the speed where worn universals start warning you there is an issue

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been trying to figure this f 'n humming noise out for a while now. It happens when traveling 50 and 70 mph. I swapped out hub bearings twice (timken) then I tried going on 4x4 I have have manual locking hubs. It made noise wile in 4x4 clunking and squeaks. So found my hub locks were bad so I swapped out last night (warn) locks. And tried out this morning and its stil f'n their. I need help thanks
How do I check for that? Is it visually?

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
both..
visually look for rust around the caps.
physically grab the driveshaft and see if it moves. usually the rust is the tell tale. i have seen universals that feel perfect, but fell apart when removed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not giving up on her i swapped old universals for new one and I'm still hearing it no im starting to feel vibration as soon as I get close to 50 mph.
Differential???

·
Administrator
8,630 Posts
it could be.

·
Registered
798 Posts
How are the front tires?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tires are good . I haven't rotated since I've bought them. I here the noice like its coming from the tires. But I can clearly here tge tires . Its something else besides the tire sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts