Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
8,237 Posts
Im having this problem with a 2002 I just bought at an insurance auction, it was hit at LF fender. Not able to connect to a code reader, no power at the IPR, fuel pump, or inertia switch. Anybody come up with a solution to their problem???

There is a circuit breaker under the air box labeled high voltage. You can just cut it out and connect the wires back together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I robbed a PCM out of a 2000 7.3 and tried it and then had power at the IPR and fuel pump and was able to connect a reader and pull codes. After a while of cranking she fired up. Woohooo. Gauges and things arent woking but im sure thats because its the wrong PCM for my truck from an earlier non digital tach system. Now i guess I will send my PCM off to have repaired since a reman one is $750. The repair was quoted from SIA electronics at $189.99. With lifetime warranty and plug and play ready. Anybody heard of them or have experience with them?

·
Administrator
8,237 Posts
You could search the junk yards and get one for under $50. I've never heard of those people you posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I robbed a PCM out of a 2000 7.3 and tried it and then had power at the IPR and fuel pump and was able to connect a reader and pull codes. After a while of cranking she fired up. Woohooo. Gauges and things arent woking but im sure thats because its the wrong PCM for my truck from an earlier non digital tach system. Now i guess I will send my PCM off to have repaired since a reman one is $750. The repair was quoted from SIA electronics at $189.99. With lifetime warranty and plug and play ready. Anybody heard of them or have experience with them?

Well I sent my pcm off to get fixed. Got it back and plugged it in and it fired up and everything worked, no codes, no dash lights. It sat for a week and now it's DEAD again. No communication with a code reader no blown fuses. :crying:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update, we have found that if the batteries and the pcm are unplugged for a while then put back in it will start again and run for a few cycles then die again and is unable to connect to a reader. What the heck? Any ideas from you big brain PS owners?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone figured this out yet? I have the same problem but I believe that my pcm is bad. I've been having problems with the truck dying intermittently. I have a 6 position chip pluged in and when I touch it the truck dies. I was working under the dash today with the key on and noticed the chip not in correctly. Hasn't started since and no comms with AE. All fuses are good, no fuel pump but all of the dash lights work.
Anyone have a good place to send it to get it fixed?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Pull the chip and see if it cures the problem.

When you say that if you touch the chip the truck dies is pointing towards the chip not being properly seated and if it does come loose enough it will fry the PCM if the power is on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like I fryed the pcm as when this all happened the chip was not seated properly with the power on. In the past week or so with my dying problems I could pull the chip and the truck would start. Now I have no start and no fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
One of the many modules fried with the chip being the culprit. When not seated correctly, it will cross contacts and fry itself.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
1 Posts
currently working on a 2002 f250 with a 7.3 in it. customer was driving down the road and truck shut off and will not start since, crank but no start. has edge evolution installed in it and chip says pcm not responding, so unplugged that and hooked up scan tool and still no pcm connection. so made sure there was power to the pcm and also checked ground had both, fuses and relays are all good as well. so we checked idm and that checked out as well. just for fun we tried different pcm and idm off of another truck still no start but our pcm and idm ran the other pickup just fine. so we have been chasing wires all day to see if we could find short or anything of that nature and nothing came up there either.... a bit lost on what to look for now
Did you ever get this resolved? If so, what was the solution? My wife recently inherited a 2002 F250 7.3L. I put the code scanner and it reads PCM not responding. I checked all the fuses. I sent the PCM to be analyzed and it turns out fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
currently working on a 2002 f250 with a 7.3 in it. customer was driving down the road and truck shut off and will not start since, crank but no start. has edge evolution installed in it and chip says pcm not responding, so unplugged that and hooked up scan tool and still no pcm connection. so made sure there was power to the pcm and also checked ground had both, fuses and relays are all good as well. so we checked idm and that checked out as well. just for fun we tried different pcm and idm off of another truck still no start but our pcm and idm ran the other pickup just fine. so we have been chasing wires all day to see if we could find short or anything of that nature and nothing came up there either.... a bit lost on what to look for now
I have the exact same situation on my 2002 F350 with the same tuner chip etc. did you ever find the solution?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same situation on my 2002 F350 with the same tuner chip etc. did you ever find the solution?
Try the exhaust back pressure sensor on the front of the engine.
Unplug it and see if it will start and or communicate.
Its weird, but can cause the no start, no com issues...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts