Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys brand new here and I’ve got a heck of a problem. Driving the truck down the road the other day and the red brake dash light came on. I also lost turn signals and the center dome multifunction display went dead. I shot all the normal stuff fuses/relays look good. e brake switch jumpered and shot it it’s good. Brake fluid level switch jumpered and shot it it’s good and both the pig tail and the sensor. I’ve shot wires from the back of the instrument cluster to the brake level sensor they are good. I’ve taken apart and looked at the solder connections on the instrument circuit board it looks good. I seems like I’m chasing a daemon here the only electric problem the truck had prior to this were the reverse lights weren’t working so I’m really scratching my head here. The truck is a 02 f350 7.3 automatic dually. Any help would be great I have the wiring diagrams from the library of this site but apart from ripping out the whole dash and searching for a short I’m stumped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys brand new here and I’ve got a heck of a problem. Driving the truck down the road the other day and the red brake dash light came on. I also lost turn signals and the center dome multifunction display went dead. I shot all the normal stuff fuses/relays look good. e brake switch jumpered and shot it it’s good. Brake fluid level switch jumpered and shot it it’s good and both the pig tail and the sensor. I’ve shot wires from the back of the instrument cluster to the brake level sensor they are good. I’ve taken apart and looked at the solder connections on the instrument circuit board it looks good. I seems like I’m chasing a daemon here the only electric problem the truck had prior to this were the reverse lights weren’t working so I’m really scratching my head here. The truck is a 02 f350 7.3 automatic dually. Any help would be great I have the wiring diagrams from the library of this site but apart from ripping out the whole dash and searching for a short I’m stumped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So have you checked and read all about the dash cluster issues these trucks have. There are Gremlins in the dash cluster that can affect many of the interior lights, radio, and many other thing.
I don't have an answer but maybe can point you in the right direction. If you think that's what's getting you, send your cluster off to "Circuit Board Medics", they will repair your cluster and have a good reputation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts