Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my friend jus bought an 01 sd auto one half cab with bout 130,00 miles and he wanted to know wat he should do for some first upgrades i know dp intake ect maybe wicked wheel but wat brands as i owne a obs and realy dont know a hole lot bout the sd trucks and works best with them.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Get an intake like an afe cold air intake or the tymar intake. 4" turbo back exhaust, Wicked Wheel, Tuner.. Check out the sponsors page and start snooping around

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
ww, regulated return, afe, custom tuned chip from one of the sponser's and some gauges.

and good exhaust system.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wtb the s&b intake herd good things bout them for the sd trucks

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
s&b's are good.
Ww from dieselsite
Have a look around at beans ,di,itp,and dieslmanor for gauges
As far as exhaust goes I like motoblue for price and decent fit,
At Rpmoutlet but Ask around at one time itp had a great deal on one as well.
Until you know what kind of rods for sure I would treat it as pmr rods as far as hp goals tuner etc. Most of the big boys tune for it as long as they know.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool i dont think hes gona get into it that much i think he realy jus wants chip exuast intake and call it quites for a while but i know theres a bunch of diy mods for the obs trucks wat about the sd any links or ideas

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
ok cool i dont think hes gona get into it that much i think he realy jus wants chip exuast intake and call it quites for a while but i know theres a bunch of diy mods for the obs trucks wat about the sd any links or ideas
There are quite a few DIY mods for the SD's. Alot of them deal with what you actually want to do. Surf around. The org really seems to be the place for DIY, they like doing write ups on simple stuff.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
DIY intake with a AFE-24-91042 filter
MBRP 4" exhaust includes 4" DP
Gauges: Tranny, EGT, Boost
BTS or JW Vavle Body
Chip: [email protected] gearhead, Tony Wildman, [email protected] PHP, Beans, [email protected], etc..

Add a 6.0 31 row Tranny cooler

After that you are into the engine and tranny + torque converter.

There are also a number of neat DIY projects that are more popular on other sites as has been mentioned.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If you are not doing all this at 1 time get guages first!!!
intake& exh
tuner & the stuff in my sig really helped my truck for towing and was not a lot of money.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cool thanks guys ill let him know yalls input and ill try and find some of the diy stuff

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
the egt guage is the important one..
have him look at guzzle's page lots of diy stuff and good gen info.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
DIY intake with a AFE-24-91042 filter
MBRP 4" exhaust includes 4" DP
Gauges: Tranny, EGT, Boost
BTS or JW Vavle Body
Chip: [email protected] gearhead, Tony Wildman, [email protected] PHP, Beans, [email protected], etc..

Add a 6.0 31 row Tranny cooler

After that you are into the engine and tranny + torque converter.

There are also a number of neat DIY projects that are more popular on other sites as has been mentioned.
:whs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts