Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching before i posted and i kind of think i might know whats going on. BTW this is not my truck its a buddies.

it a 01 PS has new (i hate to say this) pensacola injectors, Reason for doing new injectors was old ones went bad and was stuck open and cuz it to hydro lock motor. The truck is running fine and idles fine, but has a knocking to it thats louder then normal. Definatly have to say its a fuel knock from injectors, but why? what can be done to get rid of this knock. (different injectors?) Also have had to replace 5 of the new pensacola injectors within only a few thousands miles. what might be causing that also. other mods truck has is superchip tuner and cut muffler out of exhust.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Are you shore when the engine got fuel in the cylinders and locked it up, That is did not bend a push rod????

It could be a very light bend BUT would still cause it to nock.. Hydro locking engine could and a lot of time WILL bend push rods... I would check into that before righting the injectors off..

Another thing. ARE the Injectors NEW or REBUILT?????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are rebuilt.

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
OK.. I would still check the Push Rods.. they are one of the first things to act up and go when you hydro lock a engine...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you tell if one is just slightly bent?

·
Running at last...
2,789 Posts
Take them out and roll it on a FLAT surface.. That is the most easy way. But you have to take them out to do it.. If you can tell wich side is nocking just pull that side out and see whats up.. Or if you think it is a injector. You could pull your valve covers off and unhook one injector at a time intill you find the bad one..

i still think it could be a bent push rod...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts