Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

01 F350 w/ 4" Pro Comp and 33"s all over the highway

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
I got my truck used, it has the 4" pro comp kit in it. I just ordered the lowered pitnam arm, will this help me? The truck is all over the place in the highway. In two weeks I am bringing it in for the arm install, tire rotation and alignment. Just wanna know if that arm helps much.

#3 ·
What do you mean all over? Bad ball joints, Bad Tie rods, No steering stabilizer can all cause wandering...

#4 ·
Yep.. Mine was doing the same thing, all over the place.. Checked ball joints and they were shot. Replaced them and had alignement and its much better. I think I need to replaced sway bar bushings too which should help even more.
I'd check you're ball joints first.

#5 ·
Should the track bar be changed as well? I bought the truck used, the kid said he put the Pro comp leveling kit in it. According to pro comp I set some measurements and its a 4" lift. My Pitnam Arm arrived today. Next Wednesday I am dropping it off to a bud of mine to set it up while I am having surgery. I told him if it needs anything to do it (ball joints, tie rod ends, etc). I work in the bronx NY and drive home only 20 min on I95, but the ruts in the road dont help me when I am averaging 60-70mph. Thanks for your help thus far.

#6 ·
Just got off the phone with Pro Comp, luckily I posted with you guys. The truck is the bare bones lift kit, no pitnam arm, no dropped track bar. Ordering the track bar bracket now from Summit and I will fill you all in on my front end issues. pro Comp says in my year the Hub Bearings have a way to go early.

#7 ·
Picking up the truck tomorrow. the end joint on the tie rod for the drivers side was SHOT, it was able to spin inside. the drag link was also shot. On a birghter note the ball joints and hub bearings were good. The truck had a dropped track bar bracket in it, but I also had the guy install the dropped pitnam arm. one weird thing it had though, sand in the tires. The sand is a way to ballance big tires like that, but one tire had vibration cause the sand was all over, so he vaccumed it out and did it the old way with weights. I will let you all know when I get it tomorrow how it rides. Thanks for your help and support thus far.

#8 ·
There is a product called Equal that is like that, you drop a bag in the tire before you seat it, and once you start driving the bag breaks and your tires are ballanced... Or thats what they tell ya...

#10 ·
What a difference, but I hurt one of my tires by driving this far with the steering out of whack. The toe was WAY out, so one of the tires that is now on the back has cuts on the inside so when I get one it it you can hear the tire a little bit. havent taken it on the highway yet though. now I am debating on bigger tires, I have 16 by 8 rims I was thinking of going to a 35-37"er on there, I would like to see pics of other trucks with this lift and diff tire configs 1st.

#11 ·
Here is mine with a 4" revtek and 37's...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.