Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 01 F250 (in sig) has around 160k miles on it and the TC is getting to where it is draining back when you let it set overnight quite frequently, say every few days. I've talked to a few people who said this is the first straw in the tranny failing.
I know that BTS is the ultimate tranny but I don't have the funds for it. So, would it be a good idea to begin to think about rebuilding it and putting a few extra goodies in it like aftermarket TC, valve body, etc? We do plan to keep the truck around for along time but have no plans to modify it further than maybe custom tunes.
What parts would you suggest we look into putting into the tranny when we get it rebuilt?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I meant 4R100, I was thinkin of my OBS

·
<<< my office view
240 Posts
no worries...was wondering if maybe you had swapped it somehow ;)

other than that...we'll hafta wait for some of the tranny gurus to chime in. we all know BTS is the schiz-nit, but as you know, you pay for the schiz...as well as the nit :hehe:

·
your mom
211 Posts
well tell me a little more do you pull with it alot or race it alot at the track. that will help me help you on what to get and whats your budget. so say your super hard on it. defanitly a billet converter if you race deff a high stall i usauly have my conveter guys stall them around 2500 to 2800 depends on what else i put in it most stock high stalls on a 4r100 are around 2200. deffanity a shift kit but a upgraded valve body is not needed fr your hp aplication. and shift kits are really dependant on builders and what they like . i dont know exactly were u are in ks but i would build u a tranny for 3500 bucks billet converter the works and i back my #### 100% ill do a 3yr 50,000 on it if you want a longer warranty we can talk it over and thats a atra warranty.u can race and pull all u want with it . thats bout it u wanna know more give me a call or pm me. 303-447-0210 ask for doug

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck is used as a daily driver and as a farm truck so it does it's some pulling and normal driving around town and quite a bit of highway.
Highland, KS is in the extreme Northeast corner.

·
your mom
211 Posts
ok so a good converter and maybe a tuger style shift kit would be a good way to go for u. high stall round 2500 you shouldnt need much more than that the normal clutchs and probably some steels depends on how good ur unit is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys!

·
your mom
211 Posts
well its kinda a tuchy subject with some. some people belive stall it lower and it gets u moving faster it grabs quicker. but what good is a diesel that stalls low they depend on boost witch in most cases is not acheved aT LOW rpms. with a higher stall you allow the engine to build more rpms before the power is put to the trans/ground. my truck stalls at 3000rpm witch is high but when driven nice u dont notice the stall u only notice it when i stomp on it and when i do that my engine is in the best operating rpm range emediatly.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,103 Posts
Low stall is better for towing and daily driving. High stall is better for racing applications. Low stall will get better fuel economy, too.

·
<<< my office view
240 Posts
my truck stalls at 3000rpm witch is high but when driven nice u dont notice the stall u only notice it when i stomp on it and when i do that my engine is in the best operating rpm range emediatly.
lol...wut?!?

did you say 3,000RPM stall?!?!

...sounds as useful as a screen door on a submarine :poke:

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
High stall great for a drag gasser..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts