Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got my truck a few months back and the guy I got it from said the trany had 2000 mi on it since it was rebuilt. Well now it isnt shifting in to first any ideas for me I have read a, lot about the mechanical diode but if it was rebuilt less then 3500 mi ago should I be having that problem or is there anything else it could be plz lrt me know if u have any info thank you justin

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
If the trans was rebuilt it should not have a mechanical diode. Anyone that knows what they are doing would replace the mechanical diode with a sprag type clutch when rebuilding the trans.

Having said that the mechanical diode doesn't do anything in first. It is used for the 1-2 shift, so that's not your problem.

Maybe you could explain more. Do you mean that when you put it in D it doesn't go into gear? Or when you come to a stop it stays in a higher gear?

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
It could be loose feed bolts. They are located under the valve body, which can be accessed after removing the pan. If the feed bolts are tight then the trans has died.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
Yes, low fluid can make the trans do strange things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iam pLaning on draining and change the trany fluid and filter and checking the blots you said also could there be any sensers I In could check

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is also a pin my tranny tech needed to replace in mine. It snapped when I was doing a burn out on 38s. He said it was a simple fix and it doesn't often snap. I would look into that as a possibility because my truck did the same thing afterwards.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
Iam pLaning on draining and change the trany fluid and filter and checking the blots you said also could there be any sensers I In could check
There are many sensors on the truck. You could check all of them. I'm not going to try and tell you how to check each one of them. None of them can cause your problem. Changing the fluid and the filter won't fix it, either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK thanx for all the information one more think I have R just not D so is that mean the trany gone? Thank you again for all Ur help

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,131 Posts
This still applies:
It could be loose feed bolts. They are located under the valve body, which can be accessed after removing the pan. If the feed bolts are tight then the trans has died.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts