Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occasionally when I start my truck in the mornings it ROMPS or lopes until I tap the throtle then the idle smooths out. Not very cold outside temp (50s +/-) Any ideas?
It has Banks 6 Gun on top of Big Hoss, exaust, Big Head waste gate actuator, cold air intake.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Welcome to the Nation.
How long has it been since an oil change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir. I actually changed it the day before, have always used Delo 400 15/40. This has been an intermitant occurance too, it doesnt happen everytime. Infact it started fine when I came to work this morning. It cranks great everytime but once in a while it just romps bad till I touch the throttle.

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Kinda the nature with some of these beasts. How many miles do you have on it.

Mine did it until I put in my Adrenaline HPOP, cured the romps and made it faster.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98600 miles. It bugs me that its only once in a while but if it takes me just givin it a "lil juice" when I start it, it's no big deal....I guess

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Might try switching to Valvoline blue. It made my truck happy.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Pull the connector for the ICP sensor and see if there is oil inside the connector. If so then that may be your problem right there. Oil inside there causes all kinds of little problems.

·
Registered
37 Posts
if I let my 03 idle for about 3-4 minutes it sounds like the idle is increased and makes a high pitch exhaust note, if I bump the throttle it goes back to normal idle. It almost sound like an exhaust valve opens up after I bump the throttle. It has done it since new and I have just lived with it. It might be similar to what your is doing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
if I let my 03 idle for about 3-4 minutes it sounds like the idle is increased and makes a high pitch exhaust note, if I bump the throttle it goes back to normal idle. It almost sound like an exhaust valve opens up after I bump the throttle. It has done it since new and I have just lived with it. It might be similar to what your is doing.
What your is doing is useing the engine warmup setting it has programmed into the ECM. His is something totaly diffrent, in fact I would have to agree with the others and say your HPOP is running low/weak might be time tu up grade, however ther could also be a fuel leak. I have seen this and usualy it is 1 of 2 problems. HPOP going out or the fuel leak issue. I can only guess that it dose this when it is cold outside. The most common leak that I have found is where the fuel bowl is there is a drain tube there that will bleed off a little fuel and water which is what you want it to do, however there has been a lot of occasions that I have had to replace them due to them wearing out the O-Rings. After the replacement the customers reported it fixed the problems. On the other hand you trucks injectors work off oil flow. If the oil flow is low or partial durring this stage/start up it will lobe till it has the right pressure or constant flow of oil. Check either of these problems, for they may be the culprit.:ford:

·
Registered
545 Posts
another vote for the icp sensor, i had mine unplugged the other day and it has a lopey idle untill i plugged it back in

try unplugging the icp sensor and see if it makes any difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts