Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 550 6spd 7.3 cranks but no start, throwing a p1670 code ive been readin up on it some and alot are saying that its possibly a bad cps also im reading that the tach not moving durring cranking is a sign of the cps being bad and my tach isnt moving, ive changed out the cam sensor with 3 others and nothing :confused: ive also swapped out every sensor and relay with known good ones, and checked all fuses, cant get it to even try to start, any help is greatly appricated this thing has me baffled :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do u got fuel to filter
Does pump sound like its on when wait to start

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea it has fuel and the pump runs, i finally got it to run but it wont start on its own and only runs on the passangers side bank, swapped the idm out with the one out of my dd and it runs on both banks but runs like s**t, any ideas?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Firing on half bank could be caused by the UVC Harness coming unplugged from the Valve Cover Gasket. You can check this by checking the resistance accross the injectors with an ohm meter. Or you can simply pull off the valve cover and make sure the UVC Harness hasn't come "unplugged".

·
Registered
920 Posts
Check the plug leading to the valve cover. I had mine become partially unplugged.

It looked fine at first glance but was not fully seated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
already checked both sides and ohmed em out

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
did you check the wires & plug going to the cps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts