Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got done doing a bunch of upgrades and have 0psi boost. Cleaned the turbo veins, stc fitting, turbo drain, egr delete, etc... Everything is connected properly, no leaks, and truck starts right up and runs fine. I just have 0 boost psi. I thought at first i had a bad turbo,but after reading some threads i am thinking an egr delete can cause no boost??? Does this sound right? I have no programmer yet as i wanted to get most of the known problems taken care of first. Could it be possible all i need is an egr delete program? Thakns

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
:whs:

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
You either didn't get the map hose connected back right, or tore it. Didnt get the collector to exhaust housing flush, or you screwed up somewhere cleaning the vanes. If you've never set a 6.0 turbo before, it can be tricky. It took me quite a while to get it down to a science, and I can now set any year model turbo in 5 minutes. Pull the v band clamp back off the collector/y pipe, and have someone rev the truck up while you look with a flashlight and mirror at that flange to see if you have an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
932 Posts
ok...lets start over. no boost is a partial diagnosis...what is your concern? no power? exactly what did your egr delete consist of? how do you know you have 0 boost? have you driven the truck or just reved it in the garage? is the turbo spinning? can you hear it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, just to clarify here. I installed an egr delete (up pipe, removed the cooler, egr valve block off), cleaned the intake, cleaned and anti-seized the turbo veins, and installed an updated stc fitting. I have an aftermarket boost gauge and there is a gauge on the dash. After installing the kit. I erased all codes and test drove truck. I have 0 psi and the truck has no power. I get 5 psi max when at 60 mph and heavy throttle. No turbo noise/whistle. There is some white-ish smoke on decel, smells like fuel. Shut the truck off and i don't hear the turbo spin down like normal!! Only code that came back is 299 (low boost). All connectors are plugged and secure, there is no leaks, (fuel, coolant, oil, air, exhaust) double checked all cac hoses and boots. At idle unplug vgt solenoid connector and there is a definite change in turbo sound. The rushing of air sound goes away and exhaust tone changes. I did notice, when i had the turbo out, That there was some wiggle in the shaft and the compressor wheel was just starting to mark the housing. The truck has 148k and to my knowledge this is the original turbo.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Check your EBP PID, KOEO and KOER, then try driving it with it unplugged, the PCM will substitute a default value. Also make sure the tube feeding the EBP sensor is clear. If that's not the problem then I'm thinking something went wrong when you had the turbo apart.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Did you put way too much anti-seize on the vanes and now they can't adjust? If there was in/out play and the wheel was starting to imprint on the housing, why wouldn't you fix that? You might have to tear it off to wash the excess antiseize off anyway, so order a new bearing kit ($60-up) and have at it.

Do you hear a growling noise for a couple seconds after you shut the truck off?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, i will check ebp tube, the sensor was new a few months ago. @Mr. Andy When i shut the truck off there is dead silence. No growling. I have already ordered a bearing kit as i realized i shoulda just done it while it was out. I didnt put a lot of antiseize on the veins, they seemed to move pretty well, but that is something i didnt think of.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No growling noise when i shut the truck off. I ordered a bearing kit yesterday as i realized it was dumb not to do it while it was off the truck. I didnt use a lot of antiseize on the veins but that is a good thought @Andy i will clean up any excess i find. The ebp was replaced a few months ago, but i will clean the tube, thank you for the advise.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I only asked about the noise because you said the wheel was already working into the housing. The noise would be contact between the two while the turbo spins down indicating degree of bearing wear

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea i cant hear the turbo spin down like i use too, which concerns me, so i will be getting back into this weekend and whats going on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well guys, rebuilt the turbo, it did have a bad seal behind the compressor wheel and worn bearings/bushings. However, still no boost, checked all cac boots again (all ok). No exhaust leaks, vgt solenoid plugged in. it will run better with ebp unplugged, but still 0 boost, it will hit 5psi at 2000+ rpm. I am at a loss. It is still on stock tune, thinking i might just go ahead and get a sct with custom tunes. Any thoughts? anything i am missing? thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts