Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,213 Posts
I still have a hard time believing it is the HPOP, especially when it doesn't allow air to backflow. That said, it seems to clearly be pointing to a HPO issue (leak, IPR, or HPOP).

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Installed pump and still have same readings. Now I’m thinking the gear that drives the pump. This thing has everybody stumped.

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don’t want to be sounding stupid but has anyone ever heard of the pump gear or the drive gear in the engine not turning? Also, would a stopped up oil cooler prevent supply to my HPOP?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,213 Posts
Oil coolers plug up on the coolant side unless the oil maintenance is SEVERELY abused and ignored. Not to say it can't happen, but it would be unusual.

That said, if you watch the LPOP fill the oil filter housing when cranking, then that proves oil is getting through the oil cooler. Have you tried that? Have you pushed the oil filter drain valve plunger down to see if it holds oil?

The HPOP runs off of the camshaft. If the engine cranks, I doubt that the camshaft is frozen .... Besides you have Sync.

You installed a new HPOP - why would it be frozen?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,213 Posts
Also - have you checked the low pressure oil regulator (for sticking or plugging)? If you can fill the oil filter housing in 8-10 seconds when cranking (3-4 if the drain valve plunger is closed), then I doubt that the regulator is bad, but it would still be worth a look.

You may need to think about hooking a pressure gauge up (for the low pressure oil) to the oil pressure test port.

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I do have oil coming up in the filter housing but I did not push down on the plunger. I’ll try that this weekend while my wife turns it over. I’ll post what happens. I’m also going to hook the air to it again just to reassure myself that I don’t have a leak.

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I already planned on pulling that valve out just to look and see. They just have us working 12 hours a day and I’m tired all the time.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts