Here are my readings on my Scan Gauge ll
RPM = 193
ICP = 234
IPR = 84.7
FICM = 48.5v
FICM sync = 1
I am at a total loss.
2005 F250 6.0

Short story. #2 injector replaced along with dummy plug and stand pipe on the left bank. Drove for 2 months and started missing and kind of sluggish. Did the air test through the IPR port and both the stand pipe and dummy plug o-ring were completely blown. Replaced with the other two I had left over and no air leak now but still not enough oil pressure. I’m thinking HPOP. What about you all?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
I doubt it is the HPOP. Could be the STC fitting on the HPOP discharge though. Could also be an IPR issue.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bismic1, I was just reading your post on pressure testing the high pressure oil system. I still have my adapter in the IPR port. If I put pressure to the system and hear gurgling in the oil filter housing would you be pretty confident saying I got a bad HPOP. I had not heard this before and was reading your comments on someone else’s post. What do you think.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
That is a sure sign of a bad HPOP. You can hear it from the turbo drain tune also with a bad HPOP.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
So is everything buttoned back up?

That voltage is while cranking? I was hoping to see the voltage that corresponded w/ 234 psig. 0.23 volts does not match. 0.23 volts is essentially the sensors "zero" point.

·
Eric
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No sir. I still have the air hooked up. That was just key on engine off. Your gonna think I’m crazy but I won’t be able to get all back together till this weekend. I guess I’ll just let you know as soon as I can get it done.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
Initial thoughts are that the sensor is ok since the voltage matches the zero point. Next, when you get things connected back up, we need to verify that the sensor voltage matches the pressure when cranking.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,209 Posts
That matches, so the pressure looks real.

It sounds like either a leak or a bad HPOP.

You aren't running an aftermarket oil filter cap w/ an OEM filter are you?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts