Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Key dinger??

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  POWERSTROKER 
#1 ·
What wire do you cut to disable the key dinger when the door is open? IIRC its a black and pink wire... Just wanna make sure before I get the snippers going..

#4 ·
If it is like the OBS you use an allen wrench or similar in the hold on the bottom side of the column below the cylinder. A little tape over the contact and walla.

Tom

#6 ·
I cut that black and pink wire and mine stopped, much easier than playing with balls in ignition switches!!

:D

#10 ·
To get the cylinder out of a SD you take the lower cover of the steering column off, use a small allen wrench in the hole underneath and when the truck is in the run positon you can pull the ignition cylinder out. Then you just pull the wire off and tape it your done and it can be put right back to stock in seconds.

#12 ·
When I pulled the cylinder out of my truck the little contact just fell apart... It was pretty much in several pieces so there will never be a door dinger on my truck again... so sad... :hehe:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.