Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Oil recommendations

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  02powerstrokin 
#1 ·
Have a 2011 F250 6.7 with 106,000 miles, needing to do my first oil change. I would consider my truck to fall under severe duty application due to mostly short distance trips to and from work. I will be pulling 11,000 pounds 2 to 3 times a month out of town, and I do live in Florida . My question is what brand of oil, weight, And should I run conventional, synthetic blend, or Full synthetic per my engine an application? And is there a better oil filter than Motorcraft? Thanks

#4 ·
Your 6.7L will use 10w30 (synthetic blend) as the recommended oil. 5w40 (full synthetic) is listed for choice under "extreme" use. For specific details the owner's manual covers the differences in vehicle use.

#5 ·
Reactions: HeavyAssault
#6 ·
Synthetic blend basically has no meaning since there is no standard for what constitutes a "blend." It could be 5% 20%...could be anything.

I view synthetic blend and conventional as basically the same thing. There's also no standard for what additives constitutes "diesel oil." Pretty sure thats just a gimmick too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.