Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

EGR Block-Off Plate?

17K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Abrannan19 
#1 ·
Hey guys! I'm trying to do as much as I can to prevent headgasket failure on the cheap (ironic huh?). But I was thinking about getting an EGR Block Off Plate installed? I have a 03, so should I? Is it worth it? And how much did it cost you guys to get installed?

#5 ·
:bump: :bump:

#6 ·
the plate is worth it if it is impossible do the whole delete kit, but the cooler can still fail and cause you problems. the delete kits seem exspensive but if you price the replacement cost of a oil cooler, egr cooler, egr valve, downtime, and labor they are pretty cheap.

#8 ·
Well put, you can either do this multiple times with the cooler, or just get rid of the cooler from the beginning and dont worry about anymore, just my thoughts.

#7 ·
For on a budget I think the best place to start would be to buy a scoopless up pipe. I believe Elite and First Coast offer both without buying the entire kit. This way you have the smooth seamless pipe without the scoop and eliminate the flow into the cooler.

This is the same as putting in a plate, but will remove any possible restrictions in the pipe and I think better for the long run.

#9 ·
So should I get a bypass or delete kit? I'm still under warranty

#14 ·
I used the 04 up-pipe on the 06's and 07, with the blocker plate. So I have no scoop and the blocker plate. The up-pipe for a 04 is ~$100 if I remember correctly.

#20 ·
That is what a local shop here does. Seems to work pretty well. Being in Cali we need to retain the cooler.

Does anyone know if I can bypass the coolant past the cooler? That way no coolant would flow through it at all, so no chance of a leak...

#16 ·
To the OP talk to Adam at FCDP and he should be able to hook you up with something that still looks stock so your dealership cant tell by looking at the motor you don't have your EGR anymore. His SN on here is ABrannan19

#18 ·
How hard would it be to install?

#17 ·
How hard is it to change out the up pipe with one from FCDP?

#21 ·
does anyone know? Could I do it in the driveway with reg. tools or are there special tools for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.