Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

My dad doesnt listen to me

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  05dieselshoebox 
#1 ·
He had asked me what a good tuner/programmer would be for his 6.0. So I got on here and did a little research and also asked all you guys and the most common one i saw was DP or SCT. So I told him that.

Well today he went to a speed shop here in town and he bought a superchips thing.

I was like are you kidding me!

Who on here run with superchips? What do you think about it?

#3 ·
I agree, what kind of flavor is that super chip? Spicey, ranch or extra cheesey! HA!

#5 ·
Superchips is junk i have tried superchips, diablosport predator, edge platinum with the hot tune, and SCT and out of all of em the one id reccomend the least would be the superchips, the one id reccomend the most is SCT with custom files from someone like elite, or innovative or djs. I have tried all different types of stacks and what not and the SCT dominates em all. By the way the edge and the predator are for sale the superchips on the other hand i gave away cuz i felt too bad for chargin my buddy for it and he doesnt even run it now he runs an edge juice platinum with the hot tune stacked with the edge evolution, and even that doesnt pull from the SCT and hes in a truck an im in an excursion. SCT with custom tunes is the only way to go. Tell him to get rid of the superchips or keep it and compare it to a custom tuned sct and i Guarantee he'll get rid or the superchips.

#7 ·
What re you all talkin about ?????? Superchips are as good as Banks :hehe::gayfight:

#10 ·
I think that the SCT cost a couple of $$$ less than the superchips too. All of the heavy or even light modded 6.0Ls I've seen have a SCT. Just tell him to sell it to someone who thinks that superchips & banks are awesome.

#13 ·
i swear he never listens to me. The one thing I know a slight more about than he does and he still doesnt listen to me. Well im gonna have to print this off and show him whats up.

oh well

hell i went to the same speed shop and the owner was like "Yea come on down here before you buy anything off the internet. We may be able to get it cheaper."

That may be true but he would probably charge me even more for installing them. Say injectors.

#15 ·
I rip the Banks pages out of my DieselPower mag before my dad gets ahold of it so then he doesnt get some twisted idea.

Oh well maybe he will realize its crap and will sell it and get something better. I know when I eventually get larger injectors I am going to change my chip to DP or Wildman. Although i do like my TS

#17 ·
yea but i wont get any money for it im afraid. lol

I would think I would have to give my own money just to get rid of it. ha

The guy at the speed shop said he can take it back if he doesnt like it. So I hope it runs like hell and he takes it back and orders and SCT like i told him to in the first place.

#19 ·
Yea so my dad went and bought it today and he said you just plug it into some thing on the truck. I think where they do diagnostics (however its spelled) tests and thats it. Doesnt stay in the truck. I was like what the hell! Thats stupid

Another question: Does Superchips own SCT or what? Thats what the speed shop guy was saying

#20 ·
Yah u just plug it into ur diagnostics port under the dash and follow the on screen instructions, make sure u turn everything off, like heater, radio etc and shut all the doors and leave it all off til the programming is finished.

And yes SCT is a division of superchip, Superchip Custom Tuning, they have different product lines tho and sct seems to be more customizable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.