Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pine Sap on the truck

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Kitch 
#1 ·
So the 02 I just picked up spent most of its time sitting under a pine tree....and I got spots of pine sap everywhere on the thing. Any good ways to get it off? TIA!

#3 ·
:whs:
Or you may need something like a paint cleaner then polisher followed with a coat of wax...

#5 ·
Goo gone works just as good as anything. As said above. My parents yard has a full coverage of pine trees so I had my share of it when I was younger. With the goo gone it will work a little better if you scuff the surface of the pine sap spot. That is for the ones that have been there long enough to harden.

#7 ·
Goo Gone. Do not get the automotive goo gone just the regular. If it says automotive formula then its weaker and does not do as good of a job. You need to get it off there because it will eat the clear coat.Sap contains sugar and it will eat it in a short period of time. My father in law didn't listen and after a year of parking under the tree next to his driveway all his clear coat is peeling on his hood and top of his box and cab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.