Thinking of a move to Alaska?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thinking of a move to Alaska??

I didnt want to steal the other thread going with Alaska but here with in the next year I would really love to move there. But right now living in Ohio could anyone direct me on a way to find a job up there? I am a certified welder by trade. Also what all should I know before I jump in head first? I know stuff is going to cost more but is there anything else? Also, where would be a good place to search to live? Anything else you would care to share about Alaska would be awesome!!!!!! Oh and I couldnt think of another place to post this.
Thanks,
Chris

2000 F350 Ext. Cab Long Bed 4x4 6 speed!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Aint Got Non

Re: Thinking of a move to Alaska??

Have you been on vacation up here and thats the reason you like it? As far as work, try to get on an online newspaper or something. There are countless jobs dealing with machine work and welding, and HUGE bucks!
Unfortunately the farther you go north the better the money gets. Im in Cordova , just east of the Prince WIlliam Sound. If you have any other questions ask away.

And.. when you sy stuff is more expensive... most people don't realize how much more expensive. Example. 12 pack of cokes at teh store today was 7.99.

--------------------------------------------------
Donnie... 06 F350 Harley leveled ang exhaust. Does the job!
USCG "Sea life is the only life"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Aint Got Non

Also, Ketchican is bad A$$. I'm gonna try to go there for my next deployment.

--------------------------------------------------
Donnie... 06 F350 Harley leveled ang exhaust. Does the job!
USCG "Sea life is the only life"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 03:37 AM
PSN Newb

ARE YOU EFFN HIGH!!!! I was raised in Ketchikan. Dont get me wrong, AK is one of the most beautiful states that you can move too, but inless you really dont want to go any where, (becouse Ketchikan is an island) then by all means move. But if you like driving, and want to see other parts of AK, then moving to south centel AK would be the best decision IMO. But keep asking and look up Alaska Travel, Jobs, Homes, Fishing, Hiking and more... | alaska.com and other searches.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode