help painting my headlights - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Compressionignitionaddict

help painting my headlights

Hey guys
Im looking for some help painting my headlights....I dont have the skill or patience to do it my self....im in the okc area but it dont really matter where your at...hit me up405-613-3723

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

H&S mini maxx race
4" flo~pro d/p back
7" black mbrp tip
Flo~pro full egr delete
Afe stage 2 intake
Hella led fog lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 07:40 PM
PSN User

Re: help painting my headlights

Hey bud, I can give you a hand.

Levi

2010 F-250 CCSB, Black Maxx w/ MCC, MPD S472, AFE Stage 2, Dirty Diesel CAC
Dirty Diesel EGR Delete, 5" Exhaust, 4" Down Pipe, Daystar Leveling Kit
20x12 Fuel Hostages, 35/12.5/20 MTZs, Custom Traction Bars, Custom Axle Blocks, Custom ALAs.
703HP-1324LB/FT

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 03:32 AM
MDM
Apprentice Wrencher

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia (yes, it's a state!) area

This might be a stupid question, but why on earth would you want to paint a headlight? I mean, if you're concerned about blinding other drivers, just spend a few minutes aiming them correctly and you'll be doing better than half the drivers I see on a daily basis or make the decision to not install those stupid blueish bulbs that kill everyone's night vision (instead of just the driver, who I suppose has the right to run into a bridge abutment whilst trying to blink bright blue afterimages out of his/her optic nerves - but he shouldn't force that hobby(?) onto every oncoming driver) and be better than apparently every dumb vege-head punk kid on the planet, apparently.

OtOH, if your reason for wanting to paint your headlights is other than the above: No insult or disrespect intended, I'm just curious. BtW, my buddy just bought his F250 and he's got me looking for headlights that are actually clear enough to allow him to see to drive after dark, lol. If yours are new-looking maybe you should trade him. His passenger-side one is already "painted" all over the inside of the lens with mud and we can't figure out how to get that stuff out of there .

Regards,

--
Mountain Dew Maniac

"I don't even get to own the truck - I just get to work on the thing whenever my buddy calls and says it needs to be cussed at and bled on again."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 12:50 PM
PSN User

Lol this has nothing to do with light output. It's painting the chrome for a custom look. Here is a few examples of ones I've done.

What year does you buddy have? I can sell him a set

20x12 Fuel Hostages, 35/12.5/20 MTZs, Custom Traction Bars, Custom Axle Blocks, Custom ALAs.
703HP-1324LB/FT

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 04:50 PM
MDM
Apprentice Wrencher

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia (yes, it's a state!) area

Thanks for the visual explanation. Nice work.

It's a 2006 F250. Extended cab, long bed, manual 4wd, manual transmission. Not sure what... submodel? No window sticker, no driver's door sticker (unless it's in a different location on these trucks, but we haven't found one), can't find the sticker that a lot of vehicles have with option codes, can't find a build sheet, don't even know the date of manufacture - which could be real bad if there were any midyear changes on the '06. All he's got is the VIN, IDK if there's a decoder that works somewhere.

Regards,
MDM

--
Mountain Dew Maniac

"I don't even get to own the truck - I just get to work on the thing whenever my buddy calls and says it needs to be cussed at and bled on again."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2014, 05:12 PM
PSN User

I have a set I'd sell him. Have him get ahold of me if he wants 6419908806

703HP-1324LB/FT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode