Tulsa, OK ( The good, the bad, and the ugly) - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
PursuitInterceptor

Tulsa, OK ( The good, the bad, and the ugly)

Okay I'm getting an interview next week for a position on the big OK. Working out of Tulsa and hoping I'll get an offer of employment since it would be a great job and nice pay raise. I'm a smart guy so I do my research about my "potential" new area of living.

I hope this doesn't get ugly but be honest about what I should know about Tulsa, OK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
PursuitInterceptor

Re: Tulsa, OK ( The good, the bad, and the ugly)

Is no news good news??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:37 PM
PSN Veteran

I love Tulsa, have family there and visit often. I grew up 2 hours north in Newkirk, ok it's the "big city" not a lot of crime lots I nice areas to live. Not a lot of crime outside of down town. Couple of good private schools with good high school football programs( if you have high school boys ) public schools are good too. I myself wouldn't live in a big city but I like to visit! T town is way better than okc plus you have Stillwater with okie light close by for the college ball!

2000 f250 ECSB Dually 4.10s 305/70/16, 4x4 7.3 zf6 200k miles
Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
PursuitInterceptor

Thanks for the info. I'm a empty nester with both kids gone so those concerns are done. I'm open to living "outside" of town since I prefer peace and quiet. I'll have to see what happens with the job offer, Interview went pretty good but I know I'm not the only person they are interviewing.

What's the hunting like around Tulsa??

You dig.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 AM
PSN Veteran

We'll close by (within an hour) it's decent, get in on some private land and hunt the brushy draws and you'll find the big boys. I never hunted much more than 20 miles east of Stillwater but the general area holds big boys. You have to rember though it's Oklahoma and seems as though everyone in the state hunts so a lot of the public land close to Tulsa will be I've hunted. Where I'm from in Newkirk there's not a lot of people at all so the hunting is good for deer and pheasant. Check out the owasso area if your into the country side living close to tulsa

Php hydra chip PHP tuned! 4" exhaust, stock turbo(ww2, turbomaster wastage actuator, gutted ebpv), FRX, 160/30 sticks SB 1939-CB single clutch, home brew water setup for when i'm pulling hay through the mountains.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
PursuitInterceptor

Thanks!! Once I get a better hold on the place it could turn into a permanent living area. Owasso sounds good. For the drive even 45 minutes travel works for me.

You dig.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 01:18 AM
whistle tits

Their beer has about half the alcohol content of other states, which is just unacceptable

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghohouston View Post
Their beer has about half the alcohol content of other states, which is just unacceptable
We'll we have about double the native Americans in the state as other states too!

Completely just kidding

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 PM
PSN Local

Tulsa isn't bad but it wouldn't be my pick to live in OK. Edmond is my fav as is northern OK. Problem is there is not any industry in those areas to make a good living. Good luck on your interview buddy
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 07:42 PM
PSN Veteran

any suburb of tulsa is ok, jenks, broken arrow, owasso, they are all growing like crazy over the past couple years.
I'd not live IN Tulsa, I have a buddy who lives there who can give you the where to stay away from info when your ready, but suburbs are almost all really nice areas

tulsa gets congested quite frequently, rush hour etc. almost feels like LA to me sometimes, lol.

Chris

Moore, Oklahoma

1996 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab PSD
6637 tymar
285-75-16 BFG All Terrains/Weld Wheels
3:55 gears
Automatic with billet convertor, tugger and alto discs
New Gearhead Tunes:
1 heavy tow
2 stealth mode
3 tow/econ
4 street perf
5 all out
6 high idle
1.0 housing
exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode