Hey Guys, New here from Davenport, IA - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Hey Guys, New here from Davenport, IA

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. It's been a while since I've been a NOOB on a forum but I am definately a NOOB when it comes to this one and would like to get to know some of the local people. I'm a big Buick Grand National guy, I build them regularly ground up, motors, the whole nine. I good with boosted applications but to be honest, I have no clue about these PowerStrokes aside from the very basics.

My truck is suprise BDay gift from my wife! I sold my lifted 04 2500hd to buy her a new car and I'm thankful to now own my 04 F250!

I know the truck had the motor replaced at one time becuase it has a remanufactured stick on it. The truck has 108K miles on and I'm pretty sure it is mostly stock aside from a cold air kit and the computer was tuned by someone at one time. I has a sticker on the core support saying the ECM was tuned but I have no idea of any details. I can tell it has either stock headbolts or some sort of replacements, I cant see ARP on the headbolt so I imagine they are stock.

The truck was not advertised properly so I'm needing to replace all of the doors because they were "lambo'd" at one time and they cut all the brackets off, leaving gouges to return them to stock form. They also shavd the door handles! I'm heading to Chicago tomorrow to pick up three of the four doors. At least after a little paint work, I'll be able to get into my truck without door poppers! Just need to find a passenger front door now.

I'd like to get to know my truck a little better, is there anyone local that might want to share a few beers and show me a few things? I'm in Davenport, IA but would be willing to drive to hang out. I do quite a bit of driving to hang out with fellow forum members in the Turbo Buick community so thats really not a problem.

Thanks for the site here and I'm looking forward to meeting some new people!

Cheers! ----Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012100495083157.jpg (356.0 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 10:01 PM
PSN Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to IL7.3 Powerstroker
Re: Hey Guys, New here from Davenport, IA

i just drove through Davenport today! drove from Waukee to burbs of Chicago(little brother lives there) I should have stopped and said Hello!

2002 F-350 Supercab longbed
AFE intake Bully Dog 5" exhaust
Swamps sticks, DP tuned
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 AM
PSN Local

Hey man! im going to PM you also, but welcome! i live just north of Chicago, and have powerstroke friends near rockford, here, and kenosha,WI. You're welcome to come out and hangout if your ever out this way! I've built superduty show trucks, tow rigs, and pull trucks/race trucks. shoot me a pm back and we'll get to talkin!

btw, whatcha doing with the old doors with the poppers?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM
PSN Local

Over in Des Moines, if you swing through let me know. Be more then happy to help out.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks guys!

Pullinpray, what town are you in? I go up to Elburn quite a bit to visit a GN buddy. If I can find good clean doors, I'll cut you a heck of a deal on these doors. I went to Barrington, IL to pick up three of the four doors that were supposed to be rust free. The jack off didnt mention that two of the three doors had rust holes and corroded (missing) lips on the bottom of the doors. I bought the passenger rear door becuase it was god but what a waste of time. So I'm still looking for all but the pass rear door now.

IL7.3Powerstroker, yeah if come by again, let me know. Im always good for shootin the breeze and checking out toys!! I have learned quite a bit so far. I bought quite a few upgrade parts for the motor but need to get everything installed yet.

F350ccfx4, where are you in Des Moines? I go to Ankeny quite a bit to visit GN friends. We will be heading that way again soon to bring a failed motor over to JRMotorsports. We had a motor built this year and it just grenaded. It made the Hot Rod Power tour fine but let go shortly after so hopefully they will back it. I talked with Stroker0560, he said he would install these studs, EGR delete, cooler, HG's, etc for me. Seems like a busy guy but a good one. Maybe I can meet up with you guys when we come up. Heck, if you like to drink beer, we have a pretty good time over at my buddies house. Sometimes too much fun! It's amazing how a bunch of middle aged guys surrounded by cool toys and beer can be a good time!

Thanks for getting back with me guys, looking forward to meeting up with you guys and learning a few things!

-----jeremy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode