New to the Nation - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

New to the Nation

Hello Fellow Stroker owners. My name is John Terry. I live in Lapeer Michigan. I am a new Powerstroke owner and as my forum name would lead you to believe, I am indeed a GM man and a huge fan of the Duramax. I am NOT, however, one of those dumb ####s that think that the Duramax is a gift from god and cannot be faulted and is the only diesel engine worth having. I just liked it the best out of the rest. I was (past tense) one of those guys that swore that he would never own one of those head gasket blowing failure stricken 6.0 Powerstrokes. But here I am with one in my driveway. It wouldnít have happened if it wasnít for the fairly good deal that I got it for. I figured Iíd drive it for a bit and sell it to double my money. But once I started driving it I started to like. So I started poking around on different forums and learning that the 6.0 isnít the devil, itís just a little miss understood. Donít get me wrong, I still prefer the Duramax but I am opening up to this whole Powerstroke thing lol.

The truck is a 2004 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 with just shy of 216,000miles reading when I bought it. The only thing itís got for performance mods are a 4Ē turbo back exhaust, Billet torque converter and Red line clutches in the trans. The trans was just rebuilt at 210,000 miles. At about that same time the front end was almost completely over hauled, add-a-leaf put in the front springs, new u-joints on all the shafts, new breaks on all 4 corners, new front drive shaft assembly and it got new 285-75-16 Good Year Wranglers(which I canít frickin stand).

I am looking forward to learning more about this engine combo and I thank you all in advance for your insight, guidance, opinions and help..

2004 F-350 CC/SB 4" downpipe and exhaust and thats it 220,000 miles strong
2002 F-350 CC/LB AFE Cold air, 4" turbo back, Rosewood Stage 2 Sticks and supporting chip. 4" lift on 35s. 150,000 miles strong
Just another Duramax guy seeing what the competition is raving about.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: New to the Nation

Welcome from lapeer, there a couple of us in the lapeer area on here.

02 f250
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 08:28 PM
One of a kind

Welcome from Tx

2010 F-350, Auto,4X4, 4dr long bed, SCT/Gearhead, S&B, High Idle,Guages:boost,egt,trans, 2.5" Leveling Kit/Track Bar, PMF bars, 325-60-20's on 20x10 XD Revolvers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 02:38 PM
OBS junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
Welcome from lapeer, there a couple of us in the lapeer area on here.
You could say I'm from around that area too....

97 F350 CCLB "Da Bus"

RIP Will Iott
"This ain't no practice run"

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyrob View Post
And remember, he's cat rebel....he doesn't do it the normal way.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Wondering what if

Welcome from Olivet. You probably missed the gtg in Howell yesterday. Don't worry I'm sure there will be another within the next month or so. Just keep an eye out on here.

'07 F350 3" lvl, fndrs trmd, 37" M16's
Ultra lites ECT,EGT,EOT Oil and top fuel billet caps
banjo bolts drilled cautiously, ccv, zoodad mods Dieselsite coolant filter
SCT SF3 can tunes

Mike's Diesel Performance
KT Performance
DieselPowerProducts.com
Dieselsite
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Do we have a good shop in the area for tuning and such. I have heard many great things about Hallas Performance in the Romeo Richmond area. Anyone have any experiance with him?

2004 F-350 CC/SB 4" downpipe and exhaust and thats it 220,000 miles strong
2002 F-350 CC/LB AFE Cold air, 4" turbo back, Rosewood Stage 2 Sticks and supporting chip. 4" lift on 35s. 150,000 miles strong
Just another Duramax guy seeing what the competition is raving about.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 PM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish_It_Was_A_Bowtie2004 View Post
Thanks for the welcome fellas. Do we have a good shop in the area for tuning and such. I have heard many great things about Hallas Performance in the Romeo Richmond area. Anyone have any experiance with him?
Mike knows a thing about 6.0s......hell just search his name on youtube and Im sure you will find is blue single cab and orange single cab.

02 f250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode