Are my roof lights illegal in pa? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Are my roof lights illegal in pa?

I'm trying to figure out if my new cab roof lights are illegal or not. We just moved to an area where the police are known for being complete azzholes and will get you for anything and everything they can. And of course this whole weekend they are running DUI traps and pulling people over for every and anything they can to check for drunk drivers. I've been afraid to go anywhere since last night and stayed home again tonight for this reason. Of course the tinted front windows and stuff hanging from the rear view mirror is illegal and they just passed the new law that stacks are illegal unless wrapped with the special heat wrap, but those are all secondaries. The LEDs under the covers are white but because the covers are smoked and not clear it gives them a bluish tint even though without the covers they are pure white. So is it illegal in Pennsylvania? They don't strobe or flash or anything else just on. I'm trying to find pure clear covers but haven't been successful so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (5.6 KB, 57 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F250 7.3 Crew Cab Short Bed Lariat
4"dp 5 inch pipes to dual 8 inch stacks (summer)
4" turbo back dual axle dumps (winter)
PHP Hydra (loaded)
Edge insight CTS monitor w/ eas system
17 ton d-ring with solid polished titanium hitch
80% over rosewood injectors
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Re: Are my roof lights illegal in pa?

Based upon your statements and the pic I would say get ready to get pulled over. Otherwise get smart with the PA code under vehicle/DOT sections. If you can't afford the time in court or the tickets new amber bulbs are much cheaper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I still have the amber bulbs. I think I just need new covers. For some reason the smoked covers turn it blue. Take them off and the lights are pure white. So ill try that. The blue/ white roof lights are a secondary as well so they'd have to get me for a moving violation to be able to ticket me for any of the other things.

PHP Hydra (loaded)
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM
PursuitInterceptor

What brand are the smoked covers??

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

No idea. They came on the truck and I don't think there's a name on them but I haven't looked specifically just haven't noticed a name.

PHP Hydra (loaded)
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Bobs 7.3

Only amber and clear on the front and red in the rear in p.a. anything else is illegal unless your rear signals are amber from the factory. These cops are pricks and I cant believe they have a stack law now. Time to move out of this state its rediculous here anymore. If you have offroad lights (kc or anything) have covers on all of them and if your higher then 30 inches or your wheels stick out past the factory side of the body (not flares the actual side of the body) good luck at getting inspected.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Alright well headlights are white my foglights are xenon so my roof lights are gonna be white too. Ohwell. Yea the stack law is pretty ridiculous too. Passed that one spring/early summer but its secondary so you have to get pulled over for a moving violation first.

PHP Hydra (loaded)
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Bobs 7.3

Dont worry its just a matter of time before they start pulling over for just having stacks and stopping inspections for them. I believe that if the stacks on pick ups have to be wrapped then all exhaust on every vehicle should have to be wrapped wherever anyone could touch them from outside the vehicle. Hell theres alot more of a chance of a kid grabbing a stock tailpipe on any vehicle thats by the ground then getting to stacks thats in the bed of a truck getting grabbed or touched by a kid or adult. This states so stupid with the crap they come up with. It aggrivates me and I dont even have stacks.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

You have a valid point. If/when I get my new bed I'm switching to and under the bed exhaust system. But right now I see no point in having a hole there with nothing coming through it.

PHP Hydra (loaded)
Transgo tugger kit
dual disc tc
GTP38R
More to come
call me dan
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 05:58 PM
Bobs 7.3

Since stacks were on my things to do list because I like the sound now ill just get my aussies and run them tucked up under the body with the tips facing down and slanted towards the outside a little just so you can see about 2 inches of the ends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode