Virginia south of DC, Dumfries area - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Virginia south of DC, Dumfries area

ANyone live in this area? What can you tell about the area? taxes? living expenses? gun laws? scooter laws?

Im looking at taking a position in this area and would like to know a little more. Ridden through and driven through but not spent a ton of time in that area. Been on the west side of the state a ton.

Back the Blue BUILD THREAD
POWERSTROKENATION-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 AM
blead Ford Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to gjoski515
Re: Virginia south of DC, Dumfries area

Traffic sucks
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:41 PM
PursuitInterceptor

Hopefully you can avoid becoming a resident.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

I'd like to move a bit south or out of town a bit. How are truck laws? What's bad fr traffic? I've heard traffic sucks through there a bit. Is it just during rush hour? How far ad how long from Fredericksburg?

Truck law enforced? Anything I shoul know? How much do you pay to register your trucks? Also I believe you also have a yearly tax or something as well on vehicles or inspection every year?

POWERSTROKENATION-

Facebook-
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
PSN Veteran

That area has rush hour all day lol. Fredricksburg isnt to bad, I'm about 30 min from there. Yearly inspection is $16 and its like $ 49 for registration, get it for two years its a little cheaper. You will learn the joys of DMV on your own lol. Yes you have to pay personal property taxes on your vehicles which sucks. We sold a vehicle last January and had to pay the full tax amount because the county we live in doesnt prorate it. Personal property taxes go to the county you live in. Mine on my 2003 7.3 cclb last year were $135. Thats after high milage relief and with a $20 license fee you pay every year. We use to have county stickers but now you just pay for it and dont have to have that ugly sticker on your windshield. The high milage break goes by how many miles you have on your vehicle based on the year model. Always double check the assesed value, they tend to get it wrong sometimes. I know lol. The further away you can get from the DC area the cheaper your living expenses will be. Got to look into county tax rates as well. My property taxes are half the rate of the county right next to me. PM me if I can help out any.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
PSN Veteran

Almost forgot about the gun laws. Do not go anywhere near DC with a hand gun. Its no carry at all if I remember right. You can carry in VA as long as it is visible without a concealed permit. You can get a concealed carry permit by taking a safety class and applying at your local court house. Its $50 and good for 5 years. Just got to get finger printed and they do a background check. As long as you dont let the permit expire and renew it on time you dont ever have to reapply. As long as your record is clean in the last five years and no felonies or assult charges ever you'll be fine. Lots of gun owners here lol. Really good gun shop just below Fredricksburg also. Lot of police officers work there part time also and happy to go over any laws or situations with you.

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
4" lift and PMF traction bar/block setup running 35s on 20x12s. Intake, exhaust, PHP Hydra w/ Gearhead tunes, gauges
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
6" lift on 20x10s and 37s, studded, deleted, Powermax and Livewire with Quicktricks tunes, exhaust, intake (Wife's Truck)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thanks for the info. If it ends up happening ill be working in dumfries. Quite the change from being out west.

What about vehicle height laws? Mud flaps, tint, etc?

POWERSTROKENATION-

Facebook-
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 PM
PSN Veteran

They dont mess with lift to much just depends what county your in. Mud flaps havent heard anything. Tint is a bitch sometimes, windshield nothing, driver and pass window 50%, behind that 35% and back glass can be spray painted. Thats another one that depends on were your at and how your driving. Go alittle south and its mostly country, alot of commuters from Fburg to that area. The cost of living can double when you get close to the dc area

2003 F-250 CCLB 7.3L
2005 F-350 CCLB 6.0L
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Id rather live south and east. within a 30 minute drive to work.

I should know something by tomorrow on yay or nay. The owners of the shop and GM flew in to interview me today.... I like the Va area.

Oh yea, hunting... anyone have hunting info? Deer? areas? once a resident tags? draw? etc? what else is there to hunt?

POWERSTROKENATION-

Facebook-
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 PM
The Unseen Mod

Send a message via AIM to RescueF250

I work on Quantico Marine Base, guys do a lot of hunting on base, see the game check station for that. I'm in stafford just inbetween dumfries n fredericksburg. Height laws it goes by bumper height highest u can be is 30 front 31 rear I've never been bother in the 8 yrs. No emission laws on diesel from Stafford south, I've got a buddy that does my inspection on the truck gets me a sticker every year. Just depends on the shop etc. Let us know we'll try and get a GTG welcome for ya.

03 Rescue is Dead

08 Rescue - No Limit Fab, MPD, Rescue Diesel, Barder Turbo, Fuel Lab, H&S products.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode