Happy Camper! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Thumbs up Happy Camper!

Some of you know that I have been nursing a leaking EGR cooler in my truck for most of a year. Recently the oil cooler started showing signs of restriction with EOT temps bouncing around 220*+. I had been collecting parts for some time and finally decided I needed to get the situation taken care of before worse problems started to surface.

Adam....(Hawgdoctor)....just opened a new shop in Fredericksburg and I decided to hand the virginity of my truck over to him while being the first customer on his new bright, shiney lift. He was kind enough to reserve a shelve in his shop for all of the parts/pieces I accumulated for the job. Most of you know I have done a few mods to my truck and do all the work myself so I tend to be a bit particular about how things are done. It was not easy for me to hand over the keys. Adam assured me he would be gentle and take good care. Besides, he had the lift! Not much chance I was going to tackle the job myself without a lot of grunt work.

After a week I finally got to take the truck for a ride. Its a whole different machine and I couldn't be happier. Included in the surgery were heads checked and milled flat, new HG, ARP studs, Warren Diesel 175/75 injectors, new oil cooler, Doug's intake manifold and a Powermax turbo. Misc items included all of the upgraded lines fittings, sensors, coated exhaust etc. The tune was by Doug. The truck runs like an animal! Very responsive....lots of power. I left the shop and took her on a trip to Texas where I picked up a 40' flatbed trailer. Trailer weighs in at 7000lb empty and the truck handled it with no effort at all.

I just wanted to put in a plug for one of our own. At Strokers Unlimited Adam does very good work at a very reasonable price. I know that some of you are on his shop schedule. You will not be disappointed!

2004 F350 Lariat 6.0L/auto 4x4 CC/LB/DRW FX4 ---sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Edward Scissorhand WanaB

Re: Happy Camper!

Cool deal with Adam getting you taken care of.
Not to hijack your thread but a few Saturdays ago I had a braided hpop line chafe in to my main fuel feed hard line and I was leaking fuel. I called Rescue 250 who gave me the address to Strokers Unlimited. I limped it over there on that Saturday at 3:00pm and Adam and Kevin got me up and running within an hour.
Adam (Hawgdoctor) is a great dude for hooking me up with a quick fix.
Thanks Adam

"Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 F-250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, LWB,
A few mods to make it better than stock.
250cc hybrids, Stealth stage II HPOP, H-11 Headstuds, Strickly Diesel Reg. Return Fuel, Spearco 6.0 IC, Garrett 38r 1.15 hsg, BTS transmission, Gearhead Tuning
"The Smoke Don't Mean Its Broke"
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 05:27 PM
That Guy

Good to hear dave...my truck is headed to adam's tomorrow. Nothing crazy, hg , checkin the heads, replace a bad injector and a turbo cleaning

If You Aint Infantry You Aint Chit!
04 250 cc/sb - ARP, Toyo, Procomp, Sinister, Innovative, PHP, Edge, Isspro, etc

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM
blead Ford Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to gjoski515

Good to hear Dave, Im very happy with the work Adam (Hawgdoctor) has done for me, going to have Adam do more work soon, oh and Jon good to hear that your truck is at his shop now Adam will do you right.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 11:30 PM
harley master

Thanks for all the support guys. Glad to hear some good feedback comin down the pipes.

06 ccsb-gone but not forgotten
00 rclb-a little of this and that....
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 12:33 AM
PursuitInterceptor

(patiently waiting to hear "Next Please")...

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:09 AM
harley master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyAssault View Post
(patiently waiting to hear "Next Please")...
Hey hey, you know your time is comin.....

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:11 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Yea...just in time for the ARP stud shortage raging across the states. Testing my EBAY/Craigslist skills....

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people my friend....those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

You dig.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:15 AM
harley master

Tell me about it. Had to have a customer srend the extra(his decision) on H-11's. This sucks.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 AM
PursuitInterceptor

Talked to ARP...8-10 weeks if you hit the order list today. Dude said it depends on where the shop/retailer is on the order list.

How much are H-11s??

You dig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode