FLORIDA PPL - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
blackbetty13

FLORIDA PPL

For summer i'm wanting to go on a road trip to florida. Im starting to save up money and stuff. Im just wonder were is a good spot. im looking to fish, go on beach, and just have an all around good time what city is the best for this. i would like to research and do my homework early so ill no how much its going to cost. Thanks for the feedback

95 f350 7.3l gt42 238s fuel lab s&b mbrp 17deg idm arps compsprings smith brothers rods u do the math
LOOKING TO BUY A BUILT TRANNY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:18 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: FLORIDA PPL

im glad you started this tread, my wifes got me taken her their this summer.
Ive never been, im more of stay in the woods guy myself.

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
blackbetty13

im pretty excited about the hole deal. id like to get away, and i figured florida is the way to go.

95 f350 7.3l gt42 238s fuel lab s&b mbrp 17deg idm arps compsprings smith brothers rods u do the math

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 12:20 PM
PSN Veteran

For fishing it's important to know what kind. You can beach fish off any beach in Florida, also the piers are eveywhere. If you have a small boat you can do the Evergaldes, fresh or salt. Hell, I fish out of my canoe in the 10,000 island area, and Flamingo area. The Tampa Bay St.pete area is about the same, you don't need anything fancy. The Keys have the old Bridges you can fish off of and around them.

Don't forget Cedar Key - Swannee area on the west coast and St. Augustine to the east coast.

I could go on and on but you get the idea......

I have a philosophy? Who knew. Ok, where's the beer?

In lockstep to the end of the world....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 F-250/CC/SB/4"SS Magnaflow/Evolution2/HPX/Pre pump mod/Harpoon/65psi fuel shim/FTVB/Zoodad mod/2008 Diff Cover/V-10 transmission cooler
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 12:54 PM
PSN Local

Miami is busy as hell and doesn't sound like your place unless your just there to party. Orlando is definitley worth a look for the girls! Wow! But haven't fished in Fl much but if I did, I'd probably look at Saint Pete's Sarasota area,lots of passage ways and beach areas to fish if you look around like Fddriver2 said. Otherwise a fishing charter off panama city beach cuz it's close to you and a fun place too. Redneck panhandle baby!

08 F250 CC/SB Spartan Tuned - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak4life View Post
I say take her out for some drinks, get her in the mood and ride it like a rented mule... might be the last time
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 01:01 PM
40 lug nuts

Hard to beat the Tampa / St Petersburg / Clearwater area. You can get a charter and go offshore or inland. Thousands of different kinds of fish to catch.

BULLETPROOF DIESEL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto

2005 F-250
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 02:29 PM
PSN Veteran

im not much of a fisherman, more of a hunter.
but orlando sounds nice i think that where my wife wants to go anyway see that big azz fish in the tank.
What are some other sites to see while down there

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
blackbetty13

well i have an 18 foot flat bottom floundering boat that i could trailor out there but i figured. i would go offshore as well. but if i can get my boat going thats a thought. i like catch reds and trout all day. trying to get an all around spot because im trying to limit on spending.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
40 lug nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2001 View Post
im not much of a fisherman, more of a hunter.
but orlando sounds nice i think that where my wife wants to go anyway see that big azz fish in the tank.
What are some other sites to see while down there
Orlando is pretty cool, but you should also seriously consider St Augustine.

The Keys are another must visit location.

BULLETPROOF DIESEL

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto

2005 F-250
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 10:50 PM
PSN Veteran

if you want to hunt and fish and not as touristy as south fl,the panhandle is pretty nice.panama city beach,destin,navarre beach,pensacola beach area are all nice,theres also perdido key area outside pensacola between pcola and the alabama state line.

also small town with hunting and fishing close by on the gulf is mexico beach,port st joe,cape san blas,around to appalachicola and st george island area.closest shopping othe than mom n pops type is walmart in parker just east of pc,fl,about 30 min from mexico bch
st augustine is real nice area.tampa,st pete,clearwater,bradenton area is nice.
orlanda is not bad depending on where you go
miami sucks period.

97 f-350 psd
96 f-350 psd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode