New Boy In Sarasota Area - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-24-2011, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

New Boy In Sarasota Area

Whats up to all the Florida guys. Spendin some quality time workin for my grandpa down here this summer and have a bone stock 6.0. Any guys around this area? I was lookin to do some work on it this summer with the little cash I have. Need a little help since this LOUISIANA boy is away from home. Don't know any shops or small time guys around here. Also don't know local laws, I do know they are different than back home where almost anything goes. If anyone can give me some advice it would really help out. Was lookin at doin a 4" turbo back straight, possibly duals. Legal here?? And whose the best guy in town for tuners? What kind ya'll run? Any custom tune guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
PSN Local

Re: New Boy In Sarasota Area

You will be fine with the Turbo back, and as for tunes I ran ID's and Gearheads Tunes on my SCT and Loved it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 04:41 PM
PSN Local

I live in Venice but Currantly deployed in afghan till oct other wise id be more then willing to help ya out and anything about goes down there also

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F250 CC/LB, Pro comp lift 37" nitto terra grap, 5" MBRP,, SCT by innovative, edge insight

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks guys. I like to do my own work when I'm at home, but I don't know any guys with all the tools I need here. Would ya'll recommend any shops around the area? Any I should stay away from? And I see that ya'll are bother in the service and would just like to say thanks for everything you guys are doing for us back home here.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 11:10 AM
PSN Local

I haven't used any shops down there everything i've done on my own in my shop on base....only place that's done work on my truck is FCDP and there up in middleburgh fl near jax

2006 F250 CC/LB, Pro comp lift 37" nitto terra grap, 5" MBRP,, SCT by innovative, edge insight
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 03:31 PM
PSN Local

GoGo's in Fort Larderdale

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 04:32 PM
40 lug nuts

Closest place to you that I'd recommend is Twisted Metal Offroad in Tampa. For tuning, definitely GoGo (Direct Injection Performance).

BULLETPROOF DIESEL

Biofuels Technologies
1A Auto

2005 F-250
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 AM
PSN Local

i have a turbo back(no Kitty) with a mbrp and Sarasota Sheriffs Office have never given me any issues i am pretty sure that most states have a exhaust statute of no modifications but pretty only imports get pulled for it around here. My buddy and i also work on our own stuff, he lives in town and i live in north port if you want a wrenchin partner PM me. I have also had alot of work done buy FCDP, Adam has been a great help.

2006 CCSB 4x4 ARP studs, FCDP egr delete and coolant filter, SCT tuned by Innovative, 6.4 banjos, MBRP 4" Turbo back, Edge Insight CTS, Blue Spring Kit, 160amp alt with remote rectifier from Quick Start, Icon 2.5", toyo mt's

Made for work by Ford, Made for fun by FCDP

So how is that Hope and Change workin out for ya?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
PSN Local

Y'all are welcome to PM me and set something up here at the house. I have tools and do all the mod work on my truck myself. Let me know if I can help
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 01:06 PM
PSN Newb

hey bud I live in arcadia which is just up the road and I too am from louisiana little town called churchpoint . work on my own stuff also

1997 f250 , 3" downpipe 4" exhaust straight pipe, Afe intake. 5 speed valiar dual friction clutch and pressure plate. 1974 chevy blazer 3.9 liter 4bt cummins motor 90 horse inj. modified fuel pin 4" exhaust

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode