Seen this yet - Page 4 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM
PSN Newb

Re: Seen this yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duratys View Post
I love my Duramax....aint gonna lie to ya.

I do however think the Superduty this year takes the GM on interior and exterior looks in stock form. Thats what got me very interested in buying a Ford. Theres not a friend or family member that could believe it when those words came out of my mouth. Its a good lookin truck thats a grill and wheels away from being done to my taste.

Performance wise though its lacking. The DP challenge and the youtube video have shown that. I was hoping they had come up with something better under the hood that would push me over to the dark side
Same exact boat you are in, when I told my old man about a Ford I thought he was gonna punch me in the face. lol seriously I think he thought about it

08 LMM,
MPI Twins
40% over injectors
SC4 with 1054
EFI LIVE TUNED BY ROB
12.2 @ 111mph so far 7,200+lbs

RDL Manifolds and Up pipes, MBRP 5", AirDog 150, Caltracs, Edge Insight Monitor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 11:53 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSD11 View Post
GEORGE: who pissed in your wheaties ha. Actually, I've ridden with friends that had LBZs, and I have owned a 6.7l and now own a 6.4l...both the 6.4l and 6.7l are overall a better working truck. The only thing that the LBZ has over my 6.4L is the unloaded street smooth ride, but I wouldn't trade my 6.4l for anything. Very pleased so far. The 6.7l is in a whole another ball park than any chevy 2500 I've driven...still talking work purposes here(I have used both pulling heavy construction equipment between Florida and South Carolina). The chevy's loaded driving characteristics were ''shaky'', the truck wasn't comfortable when loaded...broke one tie rod...wondered on the road, etc. Power wasn't an issue though, just not much of a work truck from my experience.
have you drove a new 11 Dmax with a load? I am curious to see how much better handling they are

08 LMM,
MPI Twins
40% over injectors
SC4 with 1054
EFI LIVE TUNED BY ROB
12.2 @ 111mph so far 7,200+lbs

RDL Manifolds and Up pipes, MBRP 5", AirDog 150, Caltracs, Edge Insight Monitor
post #33 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Banning Smut

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdieseltech View Post

yea any idea.just got a new truck and want to makeit real fast.any ideas who can help with that challenge?
Whoa! Hey DJ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #34 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 05:49 AM
PSN Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'strokeThis_'07 View Post
They don't. GM outsells Ford by the last numbers I saw, last year I think it was? Chevy and GMC combined.

And the stock 6.7 does NOT outpull a tuned LBZ. Unless you used EFILive and tuned it for like 175hp

Ford F-Series has out sold chevy and GM combined in 2010.
2010 Year-End Top 10 Pickup Truck Sales - PickupTrucks.com News

Ford is recording record profits right now.

Ford reports better than expected $1.7 billion in net income - Oct. 26, 2010
Keep your CHEBY
post #35 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 05:54 AM
PSN Newb

I was in the passenger seat filming.... I couldn't believe it. the dyno sheets look comparable other than the ford makes peak power and tq at much lower rpm. the ford is an f350 with 3.55 gears and 35 inch tires. dmax was completely bone stock. we will be taking the dmax on a snowmobile trip soon, i still think my ford will pull a trailer better!

11 f350 sd, Skyjacker 8.5" lift, TITAN 50 gallon fuel tank, H&S BLACK maxx, 5 inch exhaust W/O muffler. HID's, amp steps, roadwire leather.....currently TURBOLESS

05 lly, mpi twins, Powerlabs efi tunes, cam trans, snow,
post #36 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:50 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarren View Post
Ford F-Series has out sold chevy and GM combined in 2010.
2010 Year-End Top 10 Pickup Truck Sales - PickupTrucks.com News
Thanks. I hadn't seen those numbers yet. I know 08 and/or 09 was GM on top...oh well. Doesn't matter really, I'm sure it fluctuates plenty

07 3500-Built 5.9-Billet HTS-Hamilton-Smarty TNT/R
post #37 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 03:27 PM
PSN Veteran

i dont have experience with the duramax but i do have a tuned 6.0 and i can say by far the stock 6.7 will out tow my truck hands down! I tow a 28ft V-nose and comparing my 6.0 with xtreme street and the stock 6.7 powerstroke is no comparison! 980 miles with the 6.0 and same trip back with 6.7 from selinsgrove pa to albany Ga. The 6.7 maybe kicked down 4 times the whole trip and never got over 2300 rpms. Whereas if i would have tried to even put my 6l in cruise control it would kick down every 1/2 mile.

2014 f250 4x4
Icon 2.5 stage 1 with adjustable track bar
Xd badlands black machined 18x9
Toyo 36x13x18 MT

2006 F250 FX4
175/30 warren inj
Madturbo stage 1
ARP headstuds

35/12.50/18 toyo M/T

428/871 PHP Dyno
post #38 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRSD11 View Post
GEORGE: who pissed in your wheaties ha. Actually, I've ridden with friends that had LBZs, and I have owned a 6.7l and now own a 6.4l...both the 6.4l and 6.7l are overall a better working truck. The only thing that the LBZ has over my 6.4L is the unloaded street smooth ride, but I wouldn't trade my 6.4l for anything. Very pleased so far. The 6.7l is in a whole another ball park than any chevy 2500 I've driven...still talking work purposes here(I have used both pulling heavy construction equipment between Florida and South Carolina). The chevy's loaded driving characteristics were ''shaky'', the truck wasn't comfortable when loaded...broke one tie rod...wondered on the road, etc. Power wasn't an issue though, just not much of a work truck from my experience.
You want me to start compareing our ford from a work truck comparison compared to my lbz?
post #39 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:27 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'strokeThis_'07 View Post
They don't. GM outsells Ford by the last numbers I saw, last year I think it was? Chevy and GMC combined.

And the stock 6.7 does NOT outpull a tuned LBZ. Unless you used EFILive and tuned it for like 175hp
Really? A friend of mine has a 2006 3500 drw LBZ with a Diablo tuner on it and it pulls like ####... although it runs real nice unloaded, but who needs a nice running unloaded dually? Nobody. It's even worse when he has to hit the pedel and it slings itself into "limp mode".

2005 F-250 FX4 CC SB
EGR delete, ARP studs
225's, VGT-HO
Spearco, AFE, Flowpro 4"
Nitrous
Suncoast tranny (want a NADP)
Elite fueling
post #40 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 PM
PSN Veteran

that's the problem.. it has a Diablo tuner on it

2007 F250 ccsb Lariat
33" Nitto Terra Grapplers on stocks, SCT x3 with custom extreme tunes from IDP, Autometer gauges, zoodad air mod, "2003" turbo, carriage works billet grill layover, HID 6000k, headstuds/egr delete, 6.4 banjo fuel bolt upgrade, 4" turbo back to 7" single stack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode