6.7 Questions?? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6.7 Questions??

Curious what you guys with DPF Deletes and tunes are seeing for EGT's on the 6.7? Guess I am really wondering how big of a tune you think you can tow with??

I am looking at buying a new truck, I'll admit I am a Duramax guy at heart but I love the cabs on the 6.7's, so I am think about pricing out a King Ranch as well.

I also love the idea of doing a DPF delete and tune and making 500hp, but it sounds like the 6.7 isn't gonna be what the 6.4 was with stock equipment?? Is this a fare assesment? How much HP is the 6.7 capable of with stock turbo do you think?? I guess I was a little disapointed the fastest 6.7's (fuel only) are running mid 14's, I know it is early yet but by the looks of it it doesn't sound like the 6.7 will ever be in the 12's like the 6.4 will it?

Another question, what gears ratio should I be looking at? I tow haevy and often so 3.55 or 3.73?

Thanks for any info, glad to be a part of your forum, so try and turn me over to the dark side

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 05:22 PM
PSN Local

Re: 6.7 Questions??

In my opinion the 6.7 is more relible then the 6.4 but as of right now the 6.4 will put down alot more power then the 6.7. For pulling the 3.73`s will obvously be better for towing. As for egt`s im not sure i couldnt tell you at all as im still in a 6.4 looking to get into a 6.7 next winter im hoping.

2011 F-150 FX 4 Luxtury package, Eco boost on order
2008 F-350 Lariet, auto, spartanized, 175,000 km
Egr cooler delete built by me
Hg's done cab on by me
2006 yamaha Vmax
2003- F-350 XLT, auto, mostly stock 225,000 km Sold
2003 Suzuki GSKR 1000
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1978 F-150 needs a paint job
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 05:36 PM
PSN Veteran

Go for it!

2007 F250 ccsb Lariat
33" Nitto Terra Grapplers on stocks, SCT x3 with custom extreme tunes from IDP, Autometer gauges, zoodad air mod, "2003" turbo, carriage works billet grill layover, HID 6000k, headstuds/egr delete, 6.4 banjo fuel bolt upgrade, 4" turbo back to 7" single stack
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by budtoh3zo View Post
In my opinion the 6.7 is more relible then the 6.4 but as of right now the 6.4 will put down alot more power then the 6.7. For pulling the 3.73`s will obvously be better for towing. As for egt`s im not sure i couldnt tell you at all as im still in a 6.4 looking to get into a 6.7 next winter im hoping.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07strokerftw View Post
Go for it!
Haha the more I think about it the more I want to

08 LMM,
MPI Twins
40% over injectors
SC4 with 1054
EFI LIVE TUNED BY ROB
12.2 @ 111mph so far 7,200+lbs

RDL Manifolds and Up pipes, MBRP 5", AirDog 150, Caltracs, Edge Insight Monitor
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM
PSN Been daer dun it!

Waaaay to early to know horsepower capabilities! I believe with the fuel system, and better heads, the 6.7 will be a monster! Wait till all the aftermarket tuners have done there homework! Imagine 500HP with that 6 speed!!! JMO!

FORD! Because its the only Option!!!

2008 F250. SCT Livewire Erics tunes. 4 in diamond Eye exhaust. AFE intake. EGR delete, 2.5inch Ready lift SST, 20inch Fuel Throttle wheels, 35in Toyo Mt. Amp Research Steps
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
Waaaay to early to know horsepower capabilities! I believe with the fuel system, and better heads, the 6.7 will be a monster! Wait till all the aftermarket tuners have done there homework! Imagine 500HP with that 6 speed!!! JMO!
Yeah I hear ya, just wish I knew before I made a decision. Doesn't somebody have a dyno sheet of 497hp on here somwhere?? Has that been to the track yet?

08 LMM,
MPI Twins
40% over injectors
SC4 with 1054
EFI LIVE TUNED BY ROB
12.2 @ 111mph so far 7,200+lbs

RDL Manifolds and Up pipes, MBRP 5", AirDog 150, Caltracs, Edge Insight Monitor
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 04:30 PM
PSN Veteran

why dont you just get a 2009-2010 6.4? their the best years to get a 6.4 and a 6.4 is reliable, even more so if you looking to do a DPF delete and tuning. only down fall of the 6.4 is your MPG wont be as good. if you DPF delete, tuning, intake,exhaust... your looking like 14-15 city / 18-19 hwy at best.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 12:28 AM
PSN Newb

Here is a few observations from a Duramax guy who just switched to the "dark side" a month ago. I have always been an GM guy. My last truck was an 06 lbz which was pretty much flawless for 200,000 miles. I never would have looked at a Ford until a co worker bought a loaded 09. I have been in that truck quite a bit in the last year and a half and I guess you could say it made quite an impression on me. The interior, nav, and fit and finish finally did me in. In stock form the 6.7 does run better than my stock Duramax did, but tuned I think it lacks some. Both trucks were tuned with a bully dog gt,(which has worked perfectly from day one on the 6.7). I haven't done a dpf delete yet but probably will in the next year. The Duramax seemed to get 2-3 miles per gallon better fuel mileage whether towing or not. The Ford must be alot lighter on the rear wheels as the Duramax seemed to go through snow and mud twice as well in 2wd as the Ford. I noticed this on my coworkers 09 but thought the locking diff would even them up. It helps some but not as much as I thought. Once in 4wd though the Ford does just fine. The Ford rides amazing for being a solid front axle f-350. Maybe a little stiffer but definatly a good ride. One thing I have noticed which I cant figure out, is when towing it seems to like to sway quite a bit. I havent towed anything heavy yet just a 28' enclosed sled trailer but even on calm days when I pass semi trucks it makes the trailer sway a little. Its not a big deal but I thought going to a heavier 350 from my 2500 would handle the trailer better. All in all I would buy the Ford again in a heartbeat. I find myself coming up with excuses to drive it. I really wanted to buy a 2011 duramax but it just wasn't as nice as the ford. Hope this helps. Mike
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 01:56 PM
StackinChipsLikePringles

Send a message via Skype™ to WoodBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead455 View Post
Here is a few observations from a Duramax guy who just switched to the "dark side" a month ago. I have always been an GM guy. My last truck was an 06 lbz which was pretty much flawless for 200,000 miles. I never would have looked at a Ford until a co worker bought a loaded 09. I have been in that truck quite a bit in the last year and a half and I guess you could say it made quite an impression on me. The interior, nav, and fit and finish finally did me in. In stock form the 6.7 does run better than my stock Duramax did, but tuned I think it lacks some. Both trucks were tuned with a bully dog gt,(which has worked perfectly from day one on the 6.7). I haven't done a dpf delete yet but probably will in the next year. The Duramax seemed to get 2-3 miles per gallon better fuel mileage whether towing or not. The Ford must be alot lighter on the rear wheels as the Duramax seemed to go through snow and mud twice as well in 2wd as the Ford. I noticed this on my coworkers 09 but thought the locking diff would even them up. It helps some but not as much as I thought. Once in 4wd though the Ford does just fine. The Ford rides amazing for being a solid front axle f-350. Maybe a little stiffer but definatly a good ride. One thing I have noticed which I cant figure out, is when towing it seems to like to sway quite a bit. I havent towed anything heavy yet just a 28' enclosed sled trailer but even on calm days when I pass semi trucks it makes the trailer sway a little. Its not a big deal but I thought going to a heavier 350 from my 2500 would handle the trailer better. All in all I would buy the Ford again in a heartbeat. I find myself coming up with excuses to drive it. I really wanted to buy a 2011 duramax but it just wasn't as nice as the ford. Hope this helps. Mike
Seems to be a good unbiased review.. As for the Chevy pullin better in 2wd, i think its because it is lighter in the front end which if you put it on scales the weight ratio front to rear would be more evenly distributed than the ford.. The ford's front end is so heavy, my dad's 02 7.3 is 2wd and he loves everything but that, but i believe if the sob was front wheel drive you couldnt stop it just due to the fact all the weight is in the front

2010 F250.. Stock looking

What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode